Insight Early Access Program

Insight in Jira Service Management is currently available as part of an Early Access Program (EAP).

Insight in Jira Service Management is the new asset and configuration system that can be used to mitigate change risk and drive faster incident resolution with richer context directly from the issue view. For an overview of Insight go to: What is Insight in Jira Service Management Cloud?

For a sneak peek of the feature in action, sign up for EAP. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a place in the EAP. If you’re part of the EAP and would like to leave feedback, please submit a ticket.

While most of Insight’s capabilities are included, feature work is still in progress and some things may not perform as expected. This includes:

• The integration between Insight and Services, including the ability to create relationships between Insight objects and services.

• The ability to filter returned objects based on the values of other fields in an issue via the Filter Issue Scope configuration in the Insight object custom field.

• Utilising the Discovery App to scan networks of IP-enabled hosts and devices.

• iqlFunction as part of JQL queries is not functioning on SLAs and Automation

What is Insight?

In 2020, Atlassian acquired Mindville – the original creators of the Jira app named Insight. We’ve gone on to extend the capabilities of Insight – Asset Management, and incorporate it into our Jira Service Management Cloud Premium and Enterprise offerings.

With the Insight feature in Jira Service Management, teams can track their assets, configuration items, and resources to understand and visualise the critical relationships between applications, services, their underlying infrastructure, and other key dependencies.

If you are interested in how Insight can help your team, you can learn more here.

18 comments

Deleted user March 3, 2021

@valente 

I have used the plugin in several occasions and I find it absolutely well done, useful, functional. I'm glad that it has been incorporated by Atlassian in its product range. I would like to continue to test the features of the product also on my personal cloud, in order to propose it to potential Italian users/customers.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Great! 

Can't wait for further feature parity between Cloud and Server. Looking forward to see how this evolves now that it's part of Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2021

If you're not able to join the EAP we're running a webinar in early April all about this new version of Insight for Jira Service Management Cloud.

You can register here. It's episode 10.

It will be more focused at people that haven't used Insight before, but we'll be showing off some of the new functionality of Insight Cloud at the same time.

Like # people like this
Matt Lane March 9, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Nicolaou 

Will you be replying to those that signed up and registered a ticket for EAP entry, even if they do not get granted access to the program?

Just trying to get an ETA on that if possible. Many thanks.

Paul Cook March 9, 2021

What data sources can Insight Cloud natively integrate with? Selfishly I want to see Microsoft Endpoint Management (SCCM/Intune) asap.

Like # people like this
Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Matt Lane, I'm afraid not. We're planning to add people at regular intervals so it's hard to say that someone specifically not been granted access. As maybe they could get it in future. 

Hi @Paul Cook, in this version we have CSV, JSON and Insight Discovery as importable data sources. 
Integrations with third party tools are high priority for future development and I know SCCM is in there. I'm not sure about the Intune side of things but I'll pass it along to the team. 

Paul Cook March 10, 2021

Thanks @Charlotte Nicolaou . Is there a roadmap published for features and releases and what stage of development they are in?

Insight Discovery is dependent on a corporate network, whereas many of our assets are internet facing and more and more will become that way as we (and many orgs) progress on the Zero Trust journey.

Creating our own integrations is not appealing as it just increases TCO.

Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2021

Hey @Paul Cook , there isn't a roadmap just yet but we're working on getting one out there as we know many people are eager for even more functionality! 

We're always happy to hear requests, is there anything else other than SCCM/Intune that would be useful to you?

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Insight custom fields would be a major plus :)

Like # people like this
Paul Cook March 12, 2021

Thanks @Charlotte Nicolaou. A roadmap would be a good reference point.

In terms of other functionality: Developing API's that enable 3rd party apps can leverage to push/pull data from would be useful. E.g. HCM platforms such as Workday, or procurement platforms such as Dynamics Finops to help complete the Asset Management lifecycle (particularly from a hardware perspective).

Like # people like this
Jose Manuel Acosta March 12, 2021

Hi, @Charlotte Nicolaou.

In the case of the Discovery app, you know if it will have an additional cost or will be included in the JSM licensing.

Thanks, greetings.

Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2021

Hi @Jose Manuel Acosta , the Insight Discovery license will be included under the JSM Premium licensing. You will need to download it from the Marketplace still but it will be free. 

Tobias Mucke March 16, 2021

Great opportunity to jump on this train with one of my global customers. Looking forward to become part of the EAP! :)

Like Charlotte Nicolaou likes this
aaron_mansey March 18, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Nicolaou

This is great in having Insight included into JSM instead of being a separate app.

I noticed a question above about "Insight Discovery", currently on the Atlassian Market place I noticed there is a version for Data Center setups and I was wondering if there is a cloud app version which  achieves the same purpose?

Lameck Oliveira March 23, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Nicolaou , since we migrate to cloud (from server) we have used insight cloud as soluiton. We have a lot of stuffs in there and I would love to share our experience so far with you. 

Best regards.

valente
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2021

Hello!

Thank you to all who participated in the Early Access Program for Insight - the new service and asset management system for Jira Service Management Premium & Enterprise.

These capabilities are now generally available and the EAP has come to an end.

If you encountered any problems during the EAP, or would like to provide feedback and get in touch with our product team please contact us using the portal.

If you encounter any problems going forward, please reachout to Premium Support here.

Thank you,
Alex.

Like Connor likes this
Jose Manuel Acosta April 21, 2021

Hello Atlassian team, @Charlotte Nicolaou 

Regarding the Roadmap of features and releases. Do you have any advance that you can comment on?

I am interested especially in the support for Auto-Discovery and integration with AWS and GCP cloud providers in the JSM Cloud environment.

Will it be something that can be had in the remainder of 2021?

Thank you very much, greetings.

Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2021

Hi @Jose Manuel Acosta 

Insight Discovery (auto Discovery) is already available for Cloud. 

There's no firm dates for other integrations yet, but cloud providers are a top priority for us. We will be updating the public roadmap when we have more of an idea of when these integrations will appear. 

I think you can expect some movement on this before the end of the year for sure. I just don't know when unfortunately.

Thanks,
Charlotte

Like Jeroen van der Veen likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events