Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the signature in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management (JSM) serves as an innovative ITSM system for dev, IT Ops or business teams. Through an integrated service desk, customer or user requests can be worked on. Furthermore, issues can be linked throughout Jira overall and audits can be conducted.

The problem: Changing the e-mail signature in JSM

To answer user or customer requests, you can use JSM’s function for creating e-mails and notifications. These are being created through templates inside each JSM project. Their content as well as their look and feel can be adjusted to your needs. To send out messages, like you would with a common mailing program, we recommend adding a signature as well. But: JSM users oftentimes are not able to find the section for setting up and changing their JSM signature.

The solution: Adjusting the template

On the next two screenshots you will be able to see where to find the setting section in your JSM project, in order to change the signature.

1. Go to “customer notifications” insider your project.
  2. Click on “edit templates”
  3. Adjust your message and signature accordingly.

I hope this tip helped you. If you have further questions, please let me know!
Would you like to learn more? Simply contact our experts for a Jira training.

4 comments

Deleted user August 9, 2021

Great article, thanks for this explanation!

However, when I make adjustments in the customer notification template we still see the old one appear when we test it and also when customers open new requests.

Could you hive me a hint how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Andreas Springer _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

glad you liked our article!

Sorry for the late answer to your question!

Have you saved your new template after you made the adjustments? There is a "Save" button at the bottom right of your screen. I think it's not displayed on the screenshots above.

If you have saved your new template, you are also able to send yourself a test mail, you can see the possibility to send a mail on our last screenshot above in the right.

I hope this helps you! If you have already tried this, and it is still not working, please let me know!

Best regards

Ashraf B June 1, 2022

Hi @Andreas Springer _Actonic_,

Can we customize this template for individual agent(s)?

Regards,

Ashraf B

Andreas Springer _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 16, 2022

Hi @Ashraf B

in the template, you define the general email template. If you want to have customized mails send based on the individual assignees of the task, you can use Jira automations + smartvalues.

Best,
Andreas

Like Eric Bergeron likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events