Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members!

Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service management (ITSM) designed to help your development and IT operations teams collaborate at high-velocity, so they can respond to business changes and deliver great customer and employee service experiences fast.

Jira Service Management incorporates all the rich request management capabilities from Jira Service Desk that you know and love, and:

• Modern incident management, powered by Opsgenie: Get on-call scheduling, alerting, incident swarming and more from our popular Opsgenie product, now included in all cloud plans of Jira Service Management. Plus, deeper integrations with Jira Software, Bitbucket, and Confluence let you seamlessly orchestrate the end-to-end incident resolution process.

• Change management, built for the DevOps era: Make smarter decisions around changes to services, with richer contextual information–from both your software development as well as infrastructure-related tools. Innovate faster with automated change risk assessments, advanced approval workflows, and deep integrations with popular CI/CD tools like Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, and CircleCI

• Intuitive service experiences: The new agent experience makes it easier to categorize service requests, incidents, problems, and changes. Work smarter with new features such as bulk ticket actions and machine learning capabilities that intelligently group similar tickets.

• And coming soon, fully-integrated asset and configuration management powered by our Mindville Insight product and best-in-class conversational ticketing capabilities, through an integration with Halp.

What does this mean for the Jira Service Desk Community content?
You’ll notice that the name of the Jira Service Desk collection is now Jira Service Management. But don’t worry! None of the awesome content we’ve built together over the years is going away, it will remain a part of the Jira Service Management collection and you can still ask Jira Service Desk questions here.

Using Server or Data Center?
Click the links below to learn what this means for you. 
Server Announcement
Data Center Announcement 

Check out what Jira Service Management has to offer and let us know if you have any questions!

28 comments

Chrissy Clements November 9, 2020

Hey Kate, 
Are we OK to migrate our Jira Service Desk Project to our early access ITSM Project?

Like # people like this
Lee Itson November 9, 2020

Are the new features in yet?  If so, how do we access them?  Are they available for next-gen projects?

Like # people like this
Ankit Garg November 10, 2020

How different it is for existing and new customers? How existing customers can avail it? Do they have to pay extra to avail JSM features?

Like # people like this
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Hi Kate!

Can you please provide us some more info what will happen with teams which are already having both OpsGenie and Jira Service Desk as different tools? Do they have to migrate to the Jira Service Management and how the payment will change?

Thanks in advance,
Velizar

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi there @Velizar Borisov ! Great question! 

There are a few things to consider that could differ if you are using Opsgenie Monthly or Annually. 

If you are an annual Opsgenie customer, we recommend contacting Atlassian support to learn about your merge options.

If you are using a monthly Opsgenie customer using Jira Service Desk Cloud, and would like to leverage Jira Service Management the recommendation is to merge the two instances. Once Jira Service Management is purchased, go to the app switcher and select Opsgenie, there you will prompted to merge. 

If you'd like to keep Jira Service Management and Opsgenie as two standalone sites, you don't need to merge but this means that a Jira Service Management licensed user will not be able to directly access the standalone Opsgenie instance unless they also have a license in Opsgenie.

This page has more information in regards to merging and different considerations you may want to make: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/should-i-merge-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

This page discusses how to merge: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/merge-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

As far as the pricing question that depends on which Opsgenie plan you are currently using and whether or not you plan to merge your instances or keep them separate. 

Here's the pricing for Jira Service Management: 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing 

I hope that helps! 

Best,

Kate 

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Ankit Garg and @Lee Itson great questions! 

To answer: Are the new features in yet?  If so, how do we access them? How existing customers can avail it? Do they have to pay extra to avail JSM features? 

If you are already a licensed Jira Service Management Cloud customer, you will automatically be granted access to both Jira Service Management and the Opsgenie interface. It may take up to several weeks after our announcement on November 9, 2020 to gain access to Opsgenie and see all of the new functionality in your instance.

You will have the functionality that matches your tier, you can see the pricing and tier grid here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing

To answer: How different it is for existing and new customers? 

Existing customers will be given the Opsgenie functionality that matches their current tier. It may take up to several weeks to gain access to Opsgenie and see all of the new functionality in your instance. 

Any customer who signs up after launch on November 9, 2020 will see Jira Service Management right away. The reason for this difference is to give current customers a chance to reach out to us with their questions and to ensure that the change is seamless for them. 

To answer: Are they available for next-gen projects?
Currently the new features are only available for Classic projects. 

We also have some great lighting talks coming up where you can get more information if you're interested. You can check those out here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/launch

Thanks! 
Kate 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

@Kate Clavet the link to the page that discusses the merging of JSM and Opsgenie is not working, and the same thing with the link that is included under Administration > Manage subscription.

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2020

Thanks for letting me know @Mikael Sandberg my apologies for that. We're looking into it right now. In the meantime please try this link for information on merging and how to merge: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/merging-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

When you are referring to the link under administration, manage subscription are you referring to within the product itself? 

Thanks! 
Kate 

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2020

Hi @Chrissy Clements , sorry for the delay on getting back to you! We're working on a way to make this happen and it should be coming soon. I'll update you as more information is available. 

Best,

Kate 

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2020

@Kate Clavet, yes there is a link under Manage subscription in the Admin hub that is referencing the wrong link.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 10.58.56 AM.png

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2020

Thanks for the details @Mikael Sandberg ! Really appreciate you taking the time to send the screenshot. I'll track this down as well. 

Best,
Kate 

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2020

Hi @Mikael Sandberg are you referring to the "Learn more about merging" link? If so that should be fixed now, please let me know if you're still having trouble! 

Thanks

Kate 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2020

@Kate Clavet I just verified and it is working! It shows the old URL but it forwards correctly to the right page.

Robert Foot November 20, 2020

What is the best way to migrate my exisiting JSD Project over to the new ITSM Project so that we can beneift from the new features?

If we decide that our business model does not warrant the additional features i assume the JSD Project can simply be left alone & it remains functional & supported?

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Ronnie Fahy November 20, 2020

Are we able to assign incidents to a group now ? This is basic ITSM functionality which we have been waiting on before migrating to Jira ITSD.

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Chrissy Clements November 22, 2020

Hey Kate, we migrated to the new template today.  A few hiccups:

• Our Mindville Insights CMDB is no longer working.  The error shows: Our team has been notified. If the problem persists, please contact Atlassian Support. 
  • The new service desk template does not allow us to change the portal address and our old portal throws a 404.  Some way to add a 302 would be great as we don't want end-users to see the failure.
  • Our migration to the new template did not result in the same ticket numbering
  • Adding categories to our knowledgebase threw the portal homepage into disarray.  We've removed all categories and it looks good again.

No action needed, I have raised a support ticket (JST-612011), but I thought you might be keen to consider for future enhancements - assuming it's not user error :)

Like # people like this
Dan Olson November 26, 2020

@Kate Clavet Thank you for this information!  I'm also curious when the ITSM template will be available in my tenant.  I am a "free" user for now as we are still doing a proof of concept.   I participated in the EAP for ITSM and was interested in it.

I understand it may take a little bit longer to roll out.  How will I know when it is available?  

Thanks

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2020

Hi all, thanks for your questions and interest in our new capabilities. For those who were interested in converting existing projects, we are currently talking to users to better understand the need here. I'd love to discuss this with you so we can understand your specific needs so we can deliver a solution that works for you. 

If you are able to, could you please click on this link to book a meeting with me? https://calendly.com/jgonsalkorale/customer-interview-project-conversion

Thanks,

Jehan

Gary Morris December 2, 2020

When is the billing going to be sorted out we have 2 agents and being charged for 10 as admins are included

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2020

Hi @Gary Morris are you already working with our Customer Advocate team on your billing issue? 

Sheng An Zhang
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2020

@Robert Foot Hi! Migration of existing JSD Projects to ITSM is something our team is actively working on. @Jehan Gonsalkorale is one of our JSM product managers who is looking after this feature. 

If you decide that your business model does not require the features of JSM, existing JSD projects can be left alone and will work as they do currently. The only difference is that you will not be able to create the legacy ITSD projects - our new ITSM project type replaces that.

Sheng An Zhang
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2020

@Dan Olson Thanks for your question. 

We have been slowly rolling out the ITSM template and the JSM features to our customers. Thank you for your patience!

You will know your instances has been provisioned when you are greeted with an in-product modal informing you that you have access to all the new JSM features.

I believe that our team is nearing the end of the provisioning process so you should be receiving the new features soon.

Sheng An Zhang
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2020

@Ronnie Fahy 

Thank you for your question.

Group assignments is not available yet but is a feature our teams are actively exploring currently. 

n0sk0 December 16, 2020

At Jira Service Management, Service project type. There are under Operations new Area - Services.
Seems those services are visible across all projects. 
Is there a way to segregate Services and make them assigned only to certain Projects?

An example:
Project A with Service B and Service C
Project D with Service E and Service F

At this point If we create Service it is visible for all Projects

vwong
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2020

Hi @n0sk0 , welcome to Atlassian community! 
Unfortunately currently services are global across the site so it is visible across projects. Services is still a relatively new functionality in Atlassian and we are quickly building up its functionality. Services per project is something on the cards but I will pass this feedback back to the team. 

Thanks!  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events