why does jira look different cloud vs selfhosted

Mark David July 21, 2019

Why does Jira look super different between cloud and selfhosted. is it possible to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2019

Hi Mark,

I am afraid that a solution to how to merge the look of Jira Cloud and Jira Server the same is not possible. 

Jira Cloud is the preferred Atlassian application and therefore gets the latest look and feel before Jira Server.

Pavel

ensemblebd February 2, 2020

The new UI is identical to bitbucket's style, making this accessible to the average joe employee. 

The classic jira is like swallowing a bullet for anyone who isn't a techy person willing to make an effort.  Having the single [+] button on cloud, with a fancy grid-style project view, makes everyone happy. 
Honestly, I"m debating hacking it with css and javascript via reverse proxy's apache mod_substitute. Try and justify my purchase somehow...

I purchased based on their marketing stating the UI has been improved. It's now clear that was for cloud only.
Which would be fine, if they ever decided to give a *** about CLOUD-6999.

am quite disheartened to be confronted with this harsh reality. 

Like # people like this
Mark David February 2, 2020

Thank you! Let me know if you figure anything out

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events