Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the Issue layout option in Jira Software 8.3.0

Mona Girdhar August 21, 2019

We are using Jira Software 8.3.0 and i want to change the issues Layout. Can someone suggest how can that be done

1 answer

0 votes
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Not sure what you mean with the issues layout, but you generally have all settings under system > Issues - [DOMAIN]/secure/admin/ViewIssueTypes.jspa

Whether or not its the issues types scheme (what issue types are connected to what projects), or the screens / screen schemesIssue type screen schemes which define the fields that an issue contains. You have them all under that issues tab. 

Also remember that a project needs to be able to see a specific field for it to show on the screens. 

Mona Girdhar August 21, 2019

I want to change the layout for a particular issue type as suggested in an article(

Configure field layout in the issue view).

I am not able to see the Project settings > Issue layout option.

Wanted to know if this option ia available for Jira software 8.3 version. we are not using Jira on Cloud.

Like Armilda Lackaj likes this
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

These settings apply for both cloud and server. 

The settings you search for are in the screens settings: [DOMAIN]/secure/admin/ViewFieldScreens.jspa

It is not in the project settings per say, project settings only refer you back to the system administration settings where these configurations are made. If you cannot see this then you need to ask your administrator. 

This is where you should go

issuesadmin.JPG

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2019
Jorge Suarez July 19, 2021

I too am looking for Issue Layout and I don't think this exists in the Server version.  

The documentation for the Issue Layout in the Atlassian docs says "Unable to find page" when you click on the DC and Server button, which is a good indication its not implemented.

What @Krister Broman _Advania_ refers to is the screen configs and schemes.  I can reorder the fields in the pop up screens when Editing or Transitioning issues, but this has no effect on the Issue non-edit display page (eg, where you browse to an issue https://www.jiraserver.com/browse/<Key>).  

It appears the layout on that page cannot be altered and displays fields in an order different than what I have in any screen for that project. 

The top has a "Details" section, followed by Description, Attachments, Links, Activity.  I don't think you can edit the sections nor the order the fields appear within the sections (without hacking).

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events