Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

we purchased 2 different licenses for 25 jira SD users

Good afternoon, there is a need to combine two Jira SD servers into one, because we purchased 2 different licenses for 25 Jira SD users.
At the moment, we have deployed a second server and applied the license.
Question 1?
As the second server to see the projects of the first and work with them.
Question 2?
To was 2 different groups for users with license BSD (to 2 licenses not applied on 1 human) either if there is decisions easier tell, as do.

2 answers

0 votes

q1: You have two separate servers with separate data.  If you want them to share data, you could set up a complex integration that either allows anonymous access or having to licence both of them for 50 people each.

A better option would be to combine the services together on a 50 user licence.

q2: I am sorry, but I do not understand the question

How can I do this? My distributor can't do that.

Hello @e_dodonov

in my opinion you should purchase a new one with 50 agents and migrate every projects to a new instance.

My experience with Licenses is that Atlassian is not flexible with this. If you purchase 25 and need 50, you should "upgrade" to 50 and pay the price of 50 instead the different.

I'm sorry.

In my case, there was a mistake on the part of the management and I unfortunately can not do anything more. I heard that it is possible to combine 2 servers to work together.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_  @Juan José Marchal Gómez  Alas, we have no other options. Please send instructions or a link to the article how this can be done. I really hope for you!

I can't help you with this. I'm not enough experimented for this type of configurations out of standard.

I'm sorry.

Best regards.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Nick, help me in my difficult situation. I can't figure it out without you.

You'll need to choose which server you are going to keep on 50 users, then add the people from the other server, and then move any projects over that you want to keep.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-projects-to-another-jira-instance-938847925.html

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Nick, we have 2 servers and 2 separate activated licenses of 25 agents on each server. do I understand correctly that there is no way to add 2 identical JSD licenses? So I set up a second server. How can agents from the second server work in the project on the first?

Hello,

check the following artcile, maybe it can help you.

https://www.atlassian.com/legal/software-license-agreement

Note:

3.3. Number of Instances. Unless otherwise specified in your Order, for each Software license that you purchase, you may install one (1) production instance of the Software on systems owned or operated by you or one of your Authorized Users. We may also make available “developer” licenses free of charge for certain of our Software offerings to allow you to deploy non-production instances, such as for staging or QA purposes. Details for how to request non-production licenses are available on our website.

Note:

7.4. Increased Scope of Use. During your License Term, you may increase your Scope of Use (e.g., adding Authorized Users, licenses, copies or instances) by placing a new Order or, if made available by Atlassian, directly through the applicable Software.  Any increases to your Scope of Use will be subject to additional fees, as set forth in the applicable Order.

Best regards.

>do I understand correctly that there is no way to add 2 identical JSD licenses? So I set up a second server.

Correct, you can only use one licence on one server.  You have two 25 user licences.  You'll need a licence for 50 if you want to use one server.  You can increase on of the 25s, rather than do a complete replacement.

>How can agents from the second server work in the project on the first?

As before, you will need to give them access (i.e. licences) on the first server so they can use it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

133 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you