unsupported collation: Latin1_General_CI_AI after update

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Man i dont know what the heck my problem is with jira, but i keep having issues that are really stupid. Case and point, i have tried to reinstall jira helpdesk to fix another issue and after the upgrade, and copying over the SSL connector manually to server.xml (sigh), i get this lovely message (below)

So I have a few problems with this. For one, is it just complaining that I dont have the SQL prefix in front of the collation?

And two, in sql server 2016, the SQL prefix infront of latin1_general_CI_AI doesnt even exist!!!!

so i am supposed to change the collation to a collation type that the sql server does not have? wtf man. i just clicked ignore but damn, this feels like some sort of bug here.

pissing me off.pngjira collation.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi,

Please take a look at the Supported Platforms for JIRA.  In addition, take a look at Health Check: Database Collation in Microsoft SQL Server.

At this time Atlassian supports the following MSSQL versions:

One thing to note is that I do see SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI in your list so you may try that.

I would recommend installing a supported version and if you're still running into this issue please vote on JRASERVER-59378.

Cheers,

Branden

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

i dont know what that numbered collation means or the significance of changing it. I do know that it takes a bit of work to change. So i wont be changing it.

But i think you should update your software to not complain at me about an issue which probably isnt an issue.

jira doesnt support microsoft sql server 2016? extremely popular software that is at least 2 years old at this point?

uh and beside that, the health check page you sent me reports that the non sql collation IS supported in the first place!!!! i knew it would be becuase i payed attention to that when i was setting up jira only a few months ago

collation probs.png

and just to reinforce the point, my health check reports the following:

reinforcement.png

so i stand by my contention that this is some sort of bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events