Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tabs

Dina Goncharenko June 1, 2016

Hi, 

I am working on setting up a request form. It has way too many fields and is getting really long. Is there a way to setup tabs on a form and to only show some fields to users when a specific tab is selected?
Is there a better solution?

Thank You!
Dina 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hi Dina,

good question, unfortunately the SD concept is to be simpler than standard JIRA and that's why the tabs are not supported. Even if you put tabs on the create issue screen  they won't affect the request form.

Do you really need all that fields?

The only possible solution that I can think of is the use Dynamic Forms by Intenso and not show all fields in a static way but show only those which are applicable for previous user choices.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.jsd-extender/server/overview

I hope this helps. Please write back.

Cheers,

Peter T

Dina Goncharenko June 3, 2016

Thank you, Peter. You came to the same conclusion. I will possibly be utilizing the Dynamic Forms, although it is not ideal for us.

In terms of saving space on the request form and shortening it, it would really help to have the choices for radio buttons to be displayed on the same row, rather than underkneith each other.

Perhaps, you know how and could lead me the right direction?

Appreciate your help,

Dina

• Correction: I came to the same conclusion, not 'you came to the same conclusion' smile Apologies

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

smile its all good. Regarding the horizontal checkboxes - this is the infamous horizontal layout that not just you but others people want. JIRA does not support it and all the solutions that I know are heavy javascript and css hacks that sooner or later cause a lot of issues so I will spare you that experience and say sorry but there isn't a way.

Not a positive answer but realistic.

Cheers,
Peter T

Thank you much, Peter! You saved me a lot of time worth of research, downloads, trials, clean-ups, hope and despair... smile

Cheers,

Dina

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Not a problem. Glad to help.

One related question - how do you manage the delivery of the SD request. Do you have a release management solution in place (ITIL calls this Service Transition)?

No, we do not yet sad

Could you recommend something please?

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Check this out - Cycle Control - you can define what the release will include and then track the execution using a process that you have defined including - stages, gates, milestones, checklist and others. It has very nice metrics module.

If you need a demo let me know smile.

A demo would be really nice as I can show it to my team..

On a related note, could you recommend a nice way of moving the SD projects from Development server to Production (non-Cloud)?

Wow! Cycle Control looks like something we can definitely benefit from! Good job, guys!

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Great. Drop us an email at support@botronsoft.com and I will set it the meeting.

Regarding moving projects from Dev to Prod, and that is really funny, we are the developers of the best tool on the market - Configuration Manager for JIRA, we can show you this on the demo meeting as well.

Cheers,
Peter T

0 votes
Daniel Alonso February 27, 2019

Vote for the tab feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1320

0 votes
Dave Truman June 2, 2016

Dina,

Have you tried the Groups feature? When setting up Request Types you can assign them to groups which appear as vertical "tabs" on the customer portal. It does mean breaking up one request type with tons of fields into several request types with fewer fields.

This section in the Service Desk Cloud docs explains further: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html#Configuringrequesttypesandworkflows-Organizingrequesttypesintogroups

Hope that helps!

-dave

Dina Goncharenko June 2, 2016

Hi Dave, 

I think what you are describing is a front page of a customer portal. 

And what I am describing smile is a request form for a request type. These request forms have so many fields that they become really lengthy. So what I am looking for is a possibility to shorten the length of the form by putting some fields behind the tabs.

Another thought is this: each field has it's own row even the 'Yes/No' radiobuttons which are displayed below each other. Is there a way to change it's layout to display them next to each other in one row to save the space? 

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks, 

Dina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events