Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

share issue externally

Hello all,

Is it possible to share an issue with an external party, without them having to sign up? Maybe in a way like LinkedIn has a profile view for registered, but also one for unregistered users, displaying a limited version of the profile.

It could be very useful if an issue has to be raised to an external party in another system (like topdesk) where you could link to the Jira issue with a public link.

thanks for your insights,

ROgier

3 answers

1 accepted

Have you tried external share for Jira? It's useful because it offers a live view of Jira issues, without using up licenses, and makes it very easy to email issues to external users, while letting them comment and add attachments too!

Let me know if this helps!

Hey Chris, I will look into that! Thanks!

Like # people like this

Thanks Jakub, we are going to play with this option and see if it works for us.

Like Jakub Hanak likes this
Jack Community Leader Jan 23, 2019

I do not believe this will work but could be wrong.

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jan 23, 2019

This is not possible. The question here is “how” would the person access the issue? Customers vIew issues via the portal which requires an account on JSD. You could forward an email notification to a non-user but that has limited value and is not scalable IMO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

133 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you