Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

servicedesk rest api The request type you are trying to view does not exist

Deleted user June 7, 2016

I have Java code that used to work and is no longer working but not sure where the problem is and no errors are reported in the JIRA system log.

When trying to create a request the ServiceDesk REST API has started returning 400 Bad Request with this response body:

{"errorMessage":"The request type you are trying to view does not exist.","i18nErrorMessage":{"i18nKey":"sd.customerview.error.requestTypeNotFound","parameters":[]}}

When I check JIRA the issue has been created, it has used the correct customer request type as the correct issue type is created and all the hidden fields from the request type have the correct values on the issue. However when viewing the issue the "Service Desk request" section indicates no match!

image2016-6-7 15:13:5.png

The authenticated user is a member of jira-users group and both the serviceDeskId and request type id are correct.

3 answers

0 votes
Jon Chau February 13, 2018

Seeing the same issue.  I've had to delete and re-create the Request Type so it was available in the REST API.  I think we need to report this as a bug.  I'm just not sure of the exact steps to reproduce it so that the Request Type goes missing.

Jon Chau February 19, 2018

Resolved this issue.  Discovered that the default limit for the Service Desk api is 50 and when we specified a greater number it works:

https://xxxx/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/{servicedeskid}/requesttype?limit=1000&start=0

Like Evgeniy Tipsin likes this
0 votes
Deleted user January 19, 2017

Hi @Chris Dunne [GetJirified.com]

Yes we did I just can't recall right now what the solution was. I will go and check notes and revert back with solution.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Thanks - I appreciate your help.

Eric Dierkens February 2, 2018

I'm seeing the same issue.

2018-02-02 09:40:39,321 PsmmqAsyncExecutors-job:thread-27 WARN userXXX 580x10227x1 6uj76r 172.16.221.80 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [c.a.s.p.a.modules.ruleif.CustomerVisibleStatusChangeIfCondition] The request type you are trying to view does not exist.
Eric Dierkens February 19, 2018

I was able to fix this for Service Desk by building out the Request Types and associating them with a Service Desk issue type. The problem I have now is that you can not do this for sub-tasks. The tool will not allow sub-tasks to be associated to an Request Type.

jira/servicedesk/admin to get to the Request Types

Like Yan Chen likes this
0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Did you solve this - I have the same problem

Thanks

Chris

Deleted user January 20, 2017

Hi Chris,

I can't find notes.

What version of ServiceDesk are you using? We are currently on 3.2.5

Our setup is as follows:

1. API user created in Internal user directory on JIRA otherwise had auth problems if in AD
  2. API user added to jira-users group

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

Our setup is the same.

My code is working fine with another service desk in the same JIRA instance - but I can't see any difference in the setup of the two. So for now we are fine. I'd still like to get to the bottom of it so if you do come across your notes I'd appreciate knowing what you did to solve the problem.

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events