servicedesk - how to upgrade to latest version

Yuvraj Hole November 23, 2014

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2014

Go into manage-addons, find it, and click "update".

0 votes
Yuvraj Hole November 23, 2014

Thanks.

Yuvraj Hole November 24, 2014

Hi Nic, I am configuring public signup option in Jira Service desk. I am referring following URL to configure this option but I am unable to view public signup section in configuration of Jira service desk. We have purchased Jira Service desk license in Aug'14 & it is valid till Aug'15. As per note on configuration page do we need to purchase new version 2 license of Jira Service desk to get this feature? We have already upgraded Jira Service desk to latest version 2.1. Please help on this. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Configuring+public+signup

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2014

No, that should be available in Service Desk 2.0 and above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2014

Oh, and even if you do decide to upgrade, your existing licence will work.

Yuvraj Hole November 24, 2014

Hi Nic, If we need public sign up feature in jira service desk so should we purchase new license of Jira service desk? and wont it work existing license?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2014

Again, when you upgrade, your existing licence will work.

Yuvraj Hole November 26, 2014

Hi Nic We have upgraded the Jira Service desk to latest version 2.1.1 still we are unable to view option for public signup in configuration of jira service desk. After upgradation of jira service desk we have restarted the jira service but still no luck. Please find below details of versions. Jira Version - 6.3.9 Jira servicedesk version - 2.1.1 License status: Valid License SEN: SEN-3714914 Could you please help on this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2014

Where are you stuck in the documentation? What are you doing differently from what it says?

Yuvraj Hole November 26, 2014

Opening your service desk up for public signup Configuring a service desk to allow public signup is a two-step process: 1.Enable public signup for JIRA Service Desk. This step is is at the system level and when the setting is enabled, service desk administrators can set their individual service desks to allow signup. If the setting is disabled, service desk administrators do not see the signup option on their service desks. To do this:a.Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission. b.Choose > Add-ons. Scroll down to the JIRA Service Desk section and choose Configuration. (tick) Keyboard shortcut: 'g' + 'g' + start typing 'service desk' c.In the Public signup section, enable the setting. I am following above steps to enable Public signup. I am done with a & b section when I go to check c section (In the Public signup section, enable the setting). It does not show any option to enable Public sign up window in configuration page of jira service desk.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2014

Ah, I'm sorry, I've misunderstood your licence situation. Service desk will continue to work, but you need to move to a version 2 licence (you should be able to do that in your my.atlassian account - the existing licence you have should count towards it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events