service desk triage to software project by custom field selection

Bryan Collick February 7, 2018

We have nine teams that are working across three products, and we'd like to standardize the way that requests/bugs are taken in across the org.

We've purchased JSD to help us with this and the most common solution we've seen is a two-step method of triage and then linked issue (as described here). We'd like to make this one step instead of two. Is that possible?

We could convert our software projects to SD projects and create a form for each project, but that might screw up workflows and certainly seems to remove some software project functionality. The other idea I had (which I've not yet tested) is to just automatically create linked software project issues and close the SD ticket immediately, which is still two step but automated.

Perhaps there's a better way to connect the SD request process to software projects?

7.4 server w/JSD recently installed

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mariano Galán Martín February 7, 2018

You can use script runner and add a postfuntion in the create transition of the original issue.

The postfunction is a script posfunction: 

• Clones an issue, and links Help
    Clones this issue to another issue, optionally another project and issue type, and creates a link.

You can add extra code inside... try it.

Bryan Collick February 12, 2018

I used jira suite utilities to the same effect. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events