Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk resolve message to separate email from originator

Richard Foxworthy September 18, 2017

I have a use case where we're trying to use Service Desk to manage inbound sales orders.

Sales orders are generated via an automated process on our web infrastructure, and are delivered to Service Desk by email - all orders come from a single source, but the fulfilment process requires each sales order to be sent to one of a relatively small number of fulfilment providers (up to max 30).

I'd like to be able to assign each sales order ticket to one of those fulfilment providers and have it delivered to them via email as part of the ticket resolution process.

i think this might be possible by setting up a Service Desk account for each fulfilment partner, and then assigning the tickets to them as necessary?

Can that be achieved via Service Desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

Certainly this would be possible. JSD seems like an odd choice for this process upon first glance but that is just an opinion and everyone has one of those. :-)

Yes you will need each of your fulfillment providers to be an agent if you want them to actually own the issue to closure. Note: agents cost whereas customers do not in JSD. 

You mention having the issue "delivered" to them. You can have JSD notify them via email when it is assigned to them. They would need to log into JSD to process the issue. 

Things to consider/answer:

- who will triage and assign the sales order issues?

- how do you want your queues to appear? One queue for unassigned and one for all open/assigned? One per fulfillment provider?

if there are other specific questions I have not answere please let me know. 

Richard Foxworthy September 21, 2017

Thanks Jack - yes an odd choice! Mainly we started using JSD as an easy way to drop our incoming sales orders into a ticketing system to better manage getting them processed.

I don't actually want fulfilment providers to manage these tickets to closure - I just want to easily be able to outbound an email to them with any comments and sales order attachment, and to have any replies from them route back into the relevant ticket history.

I guess this is conceptually similar to artificially setting the fulfilment partner email as the ticket originator email address.

Is that possible to achieve somehow?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

@Richard Foxworthy,

So this would seem on the surface to be a relatively straightforward thing in JSD. Here is what I "think" you would want to do:

1. Within the project create an Organization,e.g. "Fulfillment"
  2. Create customer for each of your ~30 fulfillment members and add them to the organization.
  3. Create a queue called "Fulfillment Triage" that equates to unassigned issues
  4. Have all incoming issues be left unassigned
  5. Have your Agents monitor and process the triage queue and do the following:
    1. assign to themselves or another agent
    2. change the reporter to the customer/fulfillment person that will notified, etc.
  6. When you input a public customer (share with customer) then they will be notified.

Let me know if this works/helps or if there are other things i'm missing which is entirely possible. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events