service desk permission

Claudia Vespiano July 18, 2019

Hello,

some customers are able to view the ENEL service desk even though they are not included in that jira project.
the customer permission seems ok

am i missing something?

1.png

2 answers

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Hey @Claudia Vespiano

Like @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_  It has to be that someone in one of your groups or roles has access that shouldnt. Taking your example, users with the ferragamo.com domain have access but shouldn't. You need to check the following places to see if they are listed anywhere.

• The People section in the project settings
  • The Customers list for the project
  • Any Organizations you have added to the project
  • The Groups you have added to the permission scheme
Claudia Vespiano July 19, 2019

Hi @Cody Stevens 

neither in the people project, customer list, organization there are ferragamo.com users.

In the permission scheme, there are _service desk customer - portal access_ group, but since I have more than one service desk, if i delete that group, none of my customer(that are in that group) will be able to see the enel service desk.

I want that enel.com customer can view enel service desk but ferragamo.com ones couldn't. actually enel.com and ferragamo.com customer are in the same _service desk customer - portal access_ group.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2019

@Claudia Vespiano 

I am a little confused on what you are saying. The "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" is not a Jira group. That "group" is populated from the customer list for the project only. If you go to the project and access the customers section, anyone who is in there will be apart of the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" for that single project.

So if I am understanding what you are saying, it sound like the users you dont want to have access are in that list. If you don't want them to have access to that one project, you just need to remove them.

If those users are part of an organization that is in that list, you just need to remove the organization from the project. Remember adding someone to an organization will add them to any project that organization is apart of. Its the same with groups in the permissions scheme. Its best to use project roles to avoid situations like this.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 9.48.24 AM.png

Claudia Vespiano July 22, 2019

Hi @Cody Stevens 

the customers section in enel is empty but enel.com users still can see the service desk.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2019

Hi Claudia,

I would look at every project role, and group that you have defined in the browse project permission.  The users must be seeing the project via one of those groups or roles.

Susan

Like Cody Stevens likes this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2019

I agree with @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ . Theres no other logical solution to this than those users being in one of the groups or project roles in the permission scheme.

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hi,

You need to look at the Project settings - permissions - browse.  See who can view the project.

Susan

Hi Susan,

here you are

q1.png

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2019

So you need to review those groups and roles and see who is in there that is not a service desk customer.  Because they too will be able to access this service desk.

I understand that, but I have 3 service desk and just 1 category "portal customer".

Is it possible to create customer portal access groups so i can give different permissions?

I alredy adjust every roles in project people section

Thanks

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2019

The "Service Desk customer - portal access" entity refers to whoever is in your list of "customers' for that specific Service Desk.  So check your customers list for each of your service desks and you can change that directly.

Yes i checked it alredy. For example the customers with the domain ferragamo.com don't exist in ENEL service desk but they're able to see it in the help center

q2.pngimage002.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events