Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk pain in the ass to install

Monizze IT May 15, 2019

Hello,

I wanted to test service desk and eventually if it's ok pay for it but, each time we look at the documentation, there is a lot of link that point to jira documentation and not service desk documentation.

It's not clear if we can instll it in another server than the jira server.

It's not clear how to configure it properly, because each time it's documentation related to jira

And overall it's not clear that if you already have jira you neeed to go there https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213632/jira-service-desk/version-history instead of the normal download ...

so please make it more understandable and don't mix everything because it's impossible to understand what to do ....

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

Hi @Monizze IT , 

you can choose to install Service Desk on top of your current Jira instance if you have one following this quick guide, or you can install all on another server completely by downloading it here and following this install guide.

If you're looking specifically for Service Desk documentation, you can head to this page and search for whatever you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

if you install on two instances be aware that, assuming you want to 'connect' the two, you will need to consider an addon or other hoop jumping effort. IMO, installing JSD on top of JSW is the way to go unless the two teams will never need to interact and you have separate admins.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

I've seen quite often people installing a separate SD because they need it for their customer-facing portal, exposed on the internet whereas their JSW is used by the dev team internally, on their private network.

Like Monizze IT likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

Yes agreed. However, I use a single instance for both. I have internal facing JSW with one project that includes external vendor and I have JSD with internal only projects and others that are external facing. Certainly care must be employed when mixing and separate instances removes the need for care in this regard. 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2019

@Monizze IT , ideally you would install JSD on the same server as JSW. This will ensure the two can work together. Here is a link to an article for installing it - installing-jira-service-desk

Is this where you are looking and running into issues?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events