Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk knowledge base page did not open

Thomas Konrath January 15, 2018

Hi to all, 

We  are using JIRA Servicedesk and Confluence. I am currently testing, how we can use the Knowledge Base feature of Servicedesk. 

I managed to link the servicedesk and the confluence with OAUTH (impersination) link. Moreover, the space in confluence I want to use has anonymous access. 

I linked one project of the servicedesk to the KB space in confluence without problems. 

In the servicedesk portal I am able to search in the KB space and I am getting results. 

But when I want to open one result, I just get an page where the circle is working all the time. In both logging files (servicedesk and confluence) I am getting no error messages. 

Can anyone help on? 

Thank you. 

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems trying to integrate these two products in this way.   Although the confluence space might have anonymous access, the JSD (Jira Service Desk) customer role users are not technically anonymous users.  Those accounts have a username and password.  They are considered unlicensed users in Jira, but it's a small distinction to make now, because in some cases it can be a factor in setting up this kind of integration.

I would recommend trying to walk through the KB on Guide to link Knowledge Base to JIRA Service Desk for unlicensed user.  It better explains this integration feature and the steps we would recommend for trying to integrate these when using the Server platform of these products.   Try these steps.  If you are still running into problems with integrating these when doing this please let us know.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events