Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk customer portal

Sergio Palacio August 10, 2018

Hi I need to create a webform in the customer portal.  (Cloud)

I need some ideas or suggestions to do it.

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Constance Hua (Private) August 11, 2018

If you need your customers to be able to fill-in and edit this form, use ProForma plugin : it recently added this new feature to let customers edit and submit

Sergio Palacio August 11, 2018

mmmmh Proforma  I can0't create a webform to use it in an external website.

thanks.

Constance Hua (Private) August 12, 2018

Hi Sergio 

I am using Proforma on Cloud, but for externalising form I use the issue collector

You can make it open on a blank page without trigger 

Sergio Palacio August 12, 2018

the collector is a good idea but I dont have the functiolity to restrict who can create the ticket. 

using the collector you need an user with permissions and this user allways is the reporter. Is not useful.

I need create an embebed form but in that form only some customers can create a ticket. and not all the customers 

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2018

Sergio, is this a publicly accessible external website? If you only want to allow certain users to be able to submit the form you would need them to authenticate/log-in prior to submission. Can you share more of the use-case for this kind of form?

Full disclosure I am the product manager for ProForma, and we are looking at different publishing options for our forms outside Jira/JSD Portal. Right now we are working on the ability to publish our Jira forms into a confluence page, which might help you?

Sergio Palacio August 15, 2018

Hi Simon. 

Basically. the User first need to loging to the portal using the embebed form. after login, the form must be shown

At now after some investigation all options allow everyone raise a ticket without login in an embebed webform. 
It is not useful for me.

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

Hi Sergio,

You're right, from what I have seen you either need to set the JSD Portal to allow login-free access which means anyone can raise a request, or you disable login-free access and you are forced to direct them to the JSD portal for them to authenticate and fill out the form on the portal. 

Perhaps one solution would be to use something like Automation to filter out requests that aren't from an approved list of domains. It's not the same as requiring authentication, and it may annoy people that have taken the time to fill out a form only to be told they are not eligible, but it does open up the possibility of using different web form systems with Jira,  including the new JSD widget.

We wrote a summary of five options for creating issues from web forms a while ago, it might help.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

A request already is a "webform".  Either go with that, or explain what you mean that is so different?

Sergio Palacio August 11, 2018

Thanks a lot.

I want to use the widget functionality.  but I need to create a permission only to a group of people fill the webform and raise a ticket

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2018

What do you mean by "widget"?For the permissions, you give the people who should raise requests "customer" access, and don't give it to those who should not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events