Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk 2.0: new pricing model

laurence bascle September 10, 2014

Exciting but scary and not entirely clear.

I am currently a SD on Demand customer, and I see that Atlassian are aligning themselves on Zendesk for the pricing structure.

I am still not clear at all about the differences between agents and collaborators.

For example, can a collaborator take the issue through its lifecycle, or only an agent can? what if the lifecyle/workflow is entirely customised, which is my case?

and what of JIRA admins? can't they access everything? are they a collaborator or don't have to be?

My understanding is that bar using the SD UI with SLA reporting, view and config, customer portal, and knowledge base (i don't use Confluence), then agent and collaborators are pretty much the same?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Hi Laurence,

In JIRA Service Desk 2.0 a service desk project has 3 roles:

• 'Customers' login but can only access the Customer Portal of a service desk to raise requests (they cannot access other areas of JIRA).
  • 'Agents' are JIRA users with an Agent license. They can access service desk functionality, like Queues and SLAs, transition issues and make comments on issues that are visible to 'Customers'.
  • 'Collaborators' are normal JIRA users - they can view issues in a service desk project and make comments that are 'internal' (not visible to 'Customers'). They cannot access extra service desk functionality or transition issues.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer. If you have more questions about JSD 2.0 or how it might work with your setup, then feel free to post them here and I'll try to help out.

Judd

Designer, JIRA Service Desk

1 vote
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

As an existing customer i'm not happy with the new pricing model.

We have 10000 User JIRA license and our developers are all assignable user. That means we have more than 100 Agents. This will double our license costs.

Yes we can stay on the old license but then, we have a Service Desk that not contains all features. (People tab or Comments to the customer or internal)

I write more in the comments section of your blog post: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/09/introducing-jira-service-desk-2-0

1 vote
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Hi Laurence,

Agents can continue to work within JIRA views (e.g. JIRA Agile) and transition/edit issues as normal.

Regarding JSD-43: If you embed attachments in a comment, these will be visible to Customers. As of 2.0 this also works with non-image attachments (JSD-643 is resolved).

Regarding JSD-40: Can you briefly share your use case? What sort of transitions do your Customers do?

laurence bascle September 11, 2014

thanks

• regarding attachments, i do not see that it is possible to attach any .doc, .xls, .pdf etc successfully, which is typically the kind of docs used by/for business i.e. Customers. is there a ticket for that? I saw that for pdf/doc/xls you can use [^document title.doc] and will use that
  • Customer would need the same sort of transitions Atlassian has, in particular CLOSE issue.

laurence bascle September 11, 2014

Hi Judd, thanks for confirming that

can you clarify whether Agents can work within the JIRA view and transition from there, or have to go to the service desk to do that? I am using JIRA Agile to transition everything, including Service Desk at the moment

Finally, given that customers will not have access to other areas of JIRA, there are 2 bugs/change requests that are deal breakers for me, as at the moment, taking customers to JIRA is the only (painful) workaround i found

• ability to make attachments made in JIRA visible in Customer Portal: JSD-43 was closed by Atlassian, but it was essentially a 'will not fix' and a lot of us complained.
  • Ability for customers to transition issues in Customer Portal: JSD-40 is an absolute must, Atlassian themselves have implemented for themselves, but failed to share it with their customers!
laurence bascle September 14, 2014

Hi Judd, just to let you know i'll close this thread as answered and will open a new one about obstacles to joining 2.0

0 votes
Panna
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2014

Hi! Agents - can work on the requests raised by customers (via Customer portal). Yes as you said they can make use of SD UI. Collaborators - Cannot make use of the SD UI. They can 'view the' request (issue) in JIRA and can comment on the issues. But, these comments remain internal and are not visible to the 'reporter' who raised the ticket.

0 votes
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

Yeah, this change could have us going from being kinda OK with the current model and excited for the condensed service desks to moving away from SD because it may end up being much, much more expensive.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events