Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reopen ticket via email

Martin Scott February 9, 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to allow users to reopen tickets via email , if they feel their issue has not been resolved.  I'm confused about how to get this setup. 

2 answers

0 votes
Richard Saffell February 11, 2015

I think there's a new way to do this that is more recent than the comment linked above by Shayne.

I was able to do this with the Automation plug-in.  I created a Rule on the Issue Event Trigger: Issue Commented and it filters for only Issues with a Status of Resolved.  I also set it so that it would trigger only for the reporter of the issue.

The action I created is to Reopen the Issue.

I believe this will work such that only the reporter who comments on a closed issue will reopen the issue.  So far in my tests it has worked great.  It seems to work with email comments and comments added via the Portal.

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2015

It looks like this question has been asked before and was answered fairly thoroughly: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/243365

Our development team is already aware that having a "Resolved to Reopened" comment listener is desired, so hopefully this is something we will see implemented as an option or a default in the future. =)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events