Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove popular section

YW November 28, 2017

Hi, we would like to remove the POPULAR section and just have a search.  we use service desk for different products that we do not want clients to see the associations.

please advise. thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Yvette,

In addition, we have a feature request to be able to hide this section as well as the Browse All:

I recommend voting on that issue to help show the need for such a feature, and please feel free to comment with your usage case on that ticket.

Kind regards,

Shannon

YW November 29, 2017

Hiya Shannon,

I did, thanks! 

Y.

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

I'm afraid this is not possible right now. There's a related issue you might want to watch and vote for though: 

While I doubt that it will ever be addressed as phrased in its title, Jean-Pierre's comment proposes the 'ability to either remove "popular" and "browse all" or to have a choice between a static or dynamic home page', so maybe you can comment with your requirements as well to shift the issue scope into this direction.

YW November 29, 2017

Service Desk is a great tool for managing multiple support instances.  Having the ability to remove Popular or Browse All will allow a vendor to do so easily without showing the relation from one instance to another.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Yvette,

The Popular Section will only show other Service Desks that the logged in customer has access to. If a Service Desk is displaying for one of your customers that you don't want them to see, then you will want to modify your Customer Permissions in Service Desk.

For example, say you have two Service Desk Projects, and you don't want users from Company A to see Company B's Customer Portal referenced in their Popular tab.

To do this, you can go to Customer Permissions (<BASEURL>/servicedesk/admin/KEY/request-security) then you can select under Who can raise requests?Customers who are added to the project. This way, only the customers you added under your Customers List (<BASEURL>/projects/KEY/customers) will be able to see the Customer Portal for their project under their Popular tab.

I hope this is clear!

Kind regards,

Shannon

YW November 29, 2017

Oh great, let me give it a try. Thanks Shannon.

Peter Banks May 29, 2018

Shannon

Is it still not possible to remove the "Popular" section on Jira Service Desk?  This is causing a significant problem for us, because we have a number of products that anyone can raise a ticket for therefore have Public Service Desks. 

Now we are putting in place a Service Desk for other products developed specifically for a totally different client in a different domain, this one is restricted to only allow users from that customer to raise issues.  We now have no way of hiding the irrelevant public service desks from the customers with a bespoke system and the functionality makes it look like their Service Desk is visible to the public.

Surely making this configurable at the individual service desk level can't be a hard task? 

(I have already voted for the ticket you refer to below).

Pete

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2018

Hi Peter,

The feature request I mentioned earlier is still open at this time:

Thus it does not appear that the request has been accepted yet. My recommendation would be to reach out to the developers by commenting on the request with your feedback and usage case, and voting on it if you haven't already.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Like Chris Savage likes this
0 votes
Jason Nowak November 19, 2018

Hello, 

Earlier in this post you mentioned "The Popular Section will only show other Service Desks that the logged in customer has access to."

I, thus far, have found this to be false. I have an object listed under popular that I do not have access to the project at all. I can click the object, submit tickets, but cannot access the project to view those tickets. 

I voted on the ticket listed. Please push this forward. This is causing major headaches for multiple customers it appears. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events