Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"transition on comment" automation rule not updating status in customer portal

Sufian Rashid March 5, 2018

Hi-

My issue is the same as mentioned here. However i am on Jira cloud.

Sometimes agent requires clarfications from customer; so we transition it to status 'Clarification Required'. Once customer give any comment from portal; we have automation rule that will transition to status 'Clarification Provided'.

The automation is working fine. However after giving comment the status (and related customer visible transitions) are not refreshed on customer portal. Instead the user must refresh the complete page to see the correct status.

Automation.PNG

Due to this customer might click on any customer visible transitions; but as the status has already changed so the customer gets an error message.

Invalid Transition.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi,

I can see how this is a problem.  However the customer portal has a known limitation here.  That is in regards to the status field of the issue in the customer portal can not be dynamically changed in appearance on that page without a refresh/reload of the page.

There is a documented bug on this over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1752

I think part of this problem is the fact that the portal will dynamically update with new comments added without a refresh in the browser.   Hence the customer can see that new comment, but does not realize that this has also transitioned the issue into a new status already.  They cannot see that until they refresh this page.

I am sorry that there does not appear to be another work-around in this case short of forcing the user to reload the page here.  

In thinking about this, perhaps you could prevent this last customer error for this transition just by changing the "Clarification Provided" transition to be executable from All issue states in the workflow.  At least this way the customers could still reply without that error, even if they do not see the correct actual status of the issue.  But this would require you to tweak the workflow to allow for this kind of transition from any source state.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events