Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"transition on comment" automation rule not updating status in support portal

Maarten Vink September 29, 2017

We have the default "transition on comment" rule enabled in our service desk (version 3.8.1). If the customer adds a comment using the portal the issue status is not immediately updated; the status set by the automation rule isn't visible until the user refreshed the portal. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Maarten,

This sounds like a bug we had in Jira Server that had been fixed:

I see your Service Desk version is 3.8.1, but can you just confirm with me your Jira Server version itself? 

You can also try the workaround here:

1. Run the workflow check - check workflow current step entries in the integrity checker, this will show that there are issues which require fixing:The current step associated with the workflow entry with idxxxxx has an incorrect stepId.
  2. Use the Fix button and JIRA will fix the issues directly in the database.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Maarten Vink September 29, 2017

We're on Jira 7.5, and the integrity check doesn't give any errors. One thing I noticed is that this issue only occurs when adding a comment via the "inline" comment field. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi, Maarten,

Inline comment field as opposed to what - via email? Just for clarification.

At any rate, can you try tailing your Atlassian Jira logs and then have your customer user make the comment, and see if anything there looks suspicious? Please share with us if you do.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Maarten Vink October 2, 2017

I'll check this on Thursday or Friday, I don't have access to this Jira instance at the moment. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2017

No problem, Maarten!

Speak then :) 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Maarten Vink October 5, 2017

OK, I had another look. Somehow it's working now, feel free to close this issue and we'll reopen it if this occurs again. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2017

Thank you for the update Maarten.

Take care!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events