"Users" assigned to "jira-servicedesk-customer" group are getting counted as "Agents"

Todd Szalla June 2, 2020

They should also only have access to Customer Portal.  What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Hi Todd, welcome to the Community. Can you check to ensure these users are only listed as customer? Project settings > People and look at one of these customer and see if they also are listed as agents. another thing to check - Jira settings > User management and search for one of the user and view details. Is the Jira Service Desk app enabled?

Todd Szalla June 2, 2020

They are not Agents but they do have access to Jira Service Desk.  This is an internal Service Desk and the Customers are Employees.  I am using Atlassian Access for SSO and the documentation states that if Users are assigned the "jira-servicedesk-customers" Group they will only have access the Customer Portal but SSO still enforced without consuming Service Desk or Access license.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

I can say what actions resulted in them getting access but to clean up you need to disable their access to JSD. 

Todd Szalla June 3, 2020

That seems to have fixed that issue but now when users land for the first time from OneLogin the auto-provisioning not working.  That's another issue though I guess.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events