Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Signup is not currently available" but global and project signup is configured

Aurelius Baier November 3, 2017

Hello

I'd like to let our users send an email to our support mail address and create automatically a jira issue of this. According to the documentation I need to allow in the global settings (service desk 3.8.3, jira software 7.5.2) public signup: Applications -> jira service desk ->Configuration: Public signup = yes.

In the system settings, the mode of jira software can remain private (also tried it with public, does change nothing).

Then, in the service desk project und "Customer Permisisons" I defined that anyone can open requests: "Who can raise requests" -> "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal". An email address is configured and the inbox can be read. However: no ticket is generated when I send an email (from another address). The log states "Signup is not currently available".

It works when I manuall add a customer for this email address.

Can anybody help me what I've done wrong? Or is this simply a bug in the latest version (service desk installed through the wizard within jira)?

Thank you very much!
Aurel

2017-11-03 17_05_48-Öffnen.png2017-11-03 17_07_26-Email requests - in4medicines jira.png

And when I want to register on the portal page as a new customer I get the same error message:

2017-11-05 12_18_03-Sign up for an account - Service Desk.png

3 answers

0 votes
Gomez_ Daniel March 18, 2020

this happened to me today. I had to add the email as a customer in the project. I also added them to service desk customer role in the people section in the project. success.

0 votes
Alex Petuschak November 30, 2017

Hi Aurelius,

Thanks for sharing this!

I'm facing exactly the same issue, but using JIRA Cloud, thus I can't log in using "System Administrators" global permission (which seems to be reserved for JIRA Support staff!)

Just contacted JIRA support about the issue, although any hints how to solve this for a JIRA Cloud account are appreciated!

Jeret Shuck June 11, 2018

Alex, we're having the same issue. Any resolutions for this issue?

Alex Petuschak June 11, 2018

Sort of.. Moved to ZendDesk. 

Try contacting Jira support. 

Like Lyle Dodge likes this
Jeret Shuck June 11, 2018

We're on the fence between Jira and Zen desk. You might have helped sway those tables lol. 

Aurelius Baier June 12, 2018

Hello Jeret and Alex

Sorry, it seems I missed the email of your post in november. And I'm sorry as well because I have no other hint for you :-(

Because we have potentially sensitive data in our tickets I do not want to store the data outside our office. WSDesk could be an option for us (on premise).

Kind regards
Aurel

0 votes
Aurelius Baier November 5, 2017

Finally a hint about users not able to change their passwords helped me solving this problem:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/enabling-public-signup-and-captcha-828787685.html

2017-11-05 13_03_27-Enabling public signup and CAPTCHA - Atlassian Documentation.png

I changed the order of the users directories: first the internal jira directory and then our own ldap (where the jira user has no write permissions).

In my opinion it should be noted in the documentation WHERE public signup users are saved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events