problem with hour assignation on issue

efahrenkrog August 2, 2019

the time assigned to the incident is added 1 more, that is, if the incident creates it at 12:00 hrs it is created at 13:00 hrs, and the same happens with the hours of the comments.

on the server, it is with GMT-4, the one on the client profile with GMT-4, on the server where it is also hosted on GMT-4
img 1.JPGimg 2.JPGimg 3.JPGimg 4.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2019

Hi,

Sorry to hear there is a problem here in regards to the timing.  From reading your description and seeing these screenshots, it does look like this is a matter of a misalignment of timezones as a possible cause.  

Usually when Jira starts up, the system tends to get the timezone from the operating system on the server where Jira is started on.  If the operating system changes its timezone, Jira might not update until restarted.  But it's also possible that your Jira site has been setup to use a JVM argument to set it in a specific timezone that could be different from the Operating System's timezone.  Details on how to do this are in How to set the timezone for the Java environment.

It might be worth walking through these steps just to make sure that when Jira starts up, it is using the timezone you expect here. In your case I think you would want a JVM argument such as:

-Duser.timezone=America/Santiago

Just note that setting this argument via the Setting Properties and Options on Startup documentation, does require you to restart Jira for this to take affect.

Try this, and let me know the results.  If this does not help, I'd be interested to see if perhaps we can take a look at your $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file from this most recent startup to see what JVM settings are getting applied during start up.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events