Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prevent customer from seeing all (!!) service desk portals?

JasonH January 7, 2015

With JIRA Service Desk v2.2-OD-08-D20141208... when "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" has permission "Browse Projects" (the default), a service desk customer can see all portals, via servicedesk/customer/portals warning

I only want them to see the specific portal for which they are a user.

If I remove "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" from that permission, a customer is unable to access the portal corresponding to that project.

If I then add "Project Role (Service Desk Customers)" to that permission, the customer does then see only corresponding projects, which is good (though surprising, since it suggests the role rather than the permission, is being tested by servicedesk/customer/portals).

However, service desk now reports the following Permission scheme error

• The Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type must be assigned to:
      • Browse Projects
  • The permission configuration for the Customer Portal is invalid. The Service Desk Customers role is assigned to:
    • Browse Projects

(Is it safe to ignore that?)

Also, with either of those permissions I'd expect the customer to be able to browse issues in the corresponding JIRA project (ie via /browse/PROJ), but that URL redirects back to the portal (as does /browse/PROJ-2 etc).  

In summary, how can I configure things so that:

1. a customer of one service desk can't see any other service desk (of which he is not a customer), and
  2. a customer of a service desk can browse all issues in the corresponding JIRA project (assuming they know the correct URL)

References to relevant issues in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
JasonH January 7, 2015

I think I've found the answer to the first half of this question:- on the portal > people > customers page, make sure you have the "restricted access" button (as opposed to "everyone can access").

Now, how do I give customers access to browse JIRA?

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

If you want them to browse JIRA then they need JIRA-users access. At that point they cease to be free (customer) users, and you pay for them from your user tier.

Ole William Hansen February 17, 2015

At the moment the possibility of seeing all SD portals is an effective show-stopper for our puchase of the Service Desk. What is the corresponding to this problem in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events