prefill a labels field with common values

Stephan_Mallmann January 27, 2020

Hi,

I have the following question.

I there a way to prefill a label field with values without creating a dummy ticket with all the values inside? Is there also a way to decline all other values?

best regards,

Stephan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Stephan_Mallmann 

In Project Setting, under Request Types, under Request Form if you add a labels field and hide it, you will be asked to fill in the labels with a preset value(s). Here you can define a hidden label or multiple hidden labels. 

Now if the customer selects the Request Type and fills in the form and clicks send, a ticket will be created with a predefined labels. 

Snag_f63b5de4.png

If every Request Type had this hidden labels field with a pre-defined value, then there are other labels, however when the ticket is in the Jira Service Desk Queue there is nothing stopping an agent adding or removing your labels, unless you have removed the labels field from your tickets screen. 

-Mike

Stephan_Mallmann January 28, 2020

Hi Mike,

excuse me but I think you misunderstood me.

In Jira Service Desk Agent - Ticket Creation Mask I need the values, not in customer portal.

If I have a Ticket where I add some values. That values are proposed if I type some characters in a new ticket (same label field). I don't want a "fake ticket" just for the proposed selection.

Thank you a lot for the answer.

Best regards,

Stephan

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Stephan_Mallmann 

Can you give me an example of what you mean? 

Mike

Stephan_Mallmann January 28, 2020

Hi @Mike Bowen 

thank you for staying in contact with me.

I hope the screenshot helps you to understand my issue.
After clicking on the "edit issue" button I can edit the label field.

The issue you see in the screenshot display some suggestions which are just there because I used them in another issue "The dummy Issue"

I want forbit the adding of "new" labels and want that the user just select one of the suggested labels. And I want get rid of the dummy issue.

pic.png

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Hi @Stephan_Mallmann 

Thanks for the screenshot. I think I know what you are asking now. 

Firstly let me say the fields labels, is a JIRA field for labels entry and cannot be locked down to prevent label entry ... 

However what you could do is the following:

1. Create a custom field: (Jira Settings - Issues - Custom Field).
    1. Select List (multiple choices) or 
    2. Select List (single choice) - in my example I will use this option. 
      Select a field type.jpg
  2. Give it a name (e.g. Medizinische Fachrichtung des Arztes / Praxis). 
  3. Add values to appear in the select list. (You will define the values and you will need to update them over time). 

edit options for custom field.jpg
  4. Associate the field to your screens and don't forget to Update. 
  5. In your ticket EDIT and then Configure Fields 
    1. Switch off Labels 
    2. Switch on Medizinische Fachrichtung des Arztes / Praxis
      Configure Fields.jpg
  6. End result - now user can only select the values you have specified. 

2020-01-28_16-23-15.jpg

-Mike

Stephan_Mallmann January 30, 2020

Hi Mike,

thank you a lot once again.
I think the way of choice is to use the multi drop down field.

Best regards,

Stephan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events