Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of office/vacation settings

Bünyamin March 7, 2019

Hi,

How do I set my status "ticket cannot be assigned" When I'm out of the office or on vacation?

6 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Bünyamin ,

Peter's link went to a server add-on.

We do have something similar for Jira Cloud - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218305/out-of-office-assistant-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope that fill's your need and you give a test drive. We are also always keen to learn about any missing features or suggested improvements.

Cheers,
Christian

P.S. Full disclosure: I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

Hi @Bünyamin

There is no out-of-the-box way to do so just yet. If these people can contact you as admin before in order to set different rules on assignment (to someone else) or maybe an automation rule which will comment on each ticket which is waiting for that person for a specified time - you are good. 

Otherwise, you might end up using plugins. Looks like there is something at the marketplace. NOTE - I haven't tested this and can't endorse it: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211752/out-of-office-assistant?hosting=server&tab=overview

Bünyamin March 8, 2019

Thanks Peter.)

3 votes
Kate Goldsmith September 8, 2022

One of the issues we often face is that someone gets tagged in the ticket comments while they are OOO as well, it would be really cool if there was a way for people to see that person is unavailable when tagging or something like it grey's out so that they know to tagg someone else who is able to address. 

1 vote
Jason Weddell January 26, 2023

On my team, we have back-ups for roles that might be on leave. I made an automation to assign a specific user, then, if the 'assign' field is blank (due to the user being inaccessible as IT has termed them 'on leave'), assign the backup.

There might be other conditions present that make our use cases different, but this helped for our.

John Louise De La Rosa April 12, 2023

Hi Jason, how did you determine whether a user is inaccessible or on leave?

Jason Weddell April 12, 2023

We revoke permissions for users who are out of office for an extended period. When those permissions are revoked, that User's JIRA account seems to default to a state that is invalid according to our automations - their username on their account is replaced with what appears to be a GUID of some kind.

I have a rule that says "IF X, then ASSIGN USER B. THEN, if ASSIGNEE is BLANK, ASSIGN USER C." If User B is OOO, when this rule will triggers, it attempts to assign User B and fail. The rule checks itself to see if Assignee is blank, and then assigns User C.

When User B returns from their time off, We reactivate their permissions and the rule will Assign User B as expected in future cases.

0 votes
Prathim Mukherjee February 22, 2023

So, basically we have to do with a marketplace add on and there is no out of the box feature that will help us to set up OOF , correct?

0 votes
raj shaswat December 27, 2022

I was also looking for the options of out of office but did not find anything apart from Jira external plugins but it has to be done by Admin .

But as Jira is providing SDK to do automation I tried that and it was easy integration.

https://youtu.be/5FInQWIBdLU

anyone can develop on their own with basic knowledge of programming.

even I did some feature where it will read issue description and some combination to assign task to the backup you have provided or assign it back to reporter in case it does not find correct match.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events