new email getting appended to wrong JDS ticket eventhough they have different subjects

darath sreng July 24, 2017

We are seeing issue where a new email from a particular user is getting appended to his/her previously created email eventhough the subject is different. The new email shoud've created a new ticket but it is not.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

Certainly odd. When you say appended do you mean the subsequent emails are coming in as comments to the original ticket? I don't suppose that the user is by chance replying to the original email notification and changing the subject. crazy i know but...

darath sreng July 24, 2017

Hi Jack, 

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, subsequent emails are coming in as comments to original ticket. I also just confirmed that user did in fact changed the subject line and removing all history of previous email when they email the new issue. Is there any way around this so that new subject line create new ticket? or ability to split the previous JSD ticket into a new ticket ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

LOL..."Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." ...ACD

I do not beleive there is anyway around this. This is not a common problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events