must I manually delete comments and issues?

Trav August 26, 2014

We were using a trial JIRA/Service Desk license for unlimited users. It was great. We can't afford to actually pay for that many users. So now we're 65 users over the limit. Making the users innactive is not enough because now if any of those "users" (emails) try to create a ticket, it rejects them because their acct is inactive.

To resolve this, it seems I must manually go through 65 users and delete every comment they've made and change the reporter on all their previous tickets before I can delete them. Or is there a way to automate this? Thanks much!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2014

Er, if they are genuinely inactive, then they should not be emailing Jira. You need to stop that, then make them inactive.

Easy trick though - create a "null" email address on your mailserver and set the inactive accounts to use that email address. Then Jira won't be able to match emails to the accounts and will reject them as invalid users.

Trav August 27, 2014

they are not active jira users but they are active customers. We can't afford to have active jira accts for all of our customers.

Anyway, I used a modified version of your tip and it worked. I both set the email to null and changed the username to something other than their email and now tickets are coming in from emails. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events