multiple screens for one operation

Aaron Williams August 31, 2017

Hello

Pretty certain I know the answer to this, but is it possible to have more than one screen for the different operations. E.g. 2 screens for 'create issue' operations.

The goal is, that for a specific request type within service desk, we want tabs.

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

Hi Aaron,

for this, you have to define a seperate workflow for the specific request type, you can do that easily by copying the old one (if there are no further changes).

Then change the screen in the new worfklow and assign it to the issue type in the workflow scheme.

Hello

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. OK, I'll implement, see what happens.

thanks

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

you're welcome :-)

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! And if it works for you, please mark the question as answered. With such a marker, other user may find answered questions more easy.

Hello Thomas

I re-read my question, I see that I didn't explain myself well. I'm seeing that the mapping is a (one) workflow scheme (holding one or several workflows -- I think I'd read that easier as 'schema') to one project; as such, there couldn't be multiple workflows for one issue type in the same workflow schema.

I think I would need to create new workflows for this project, or edit the screen associated with the target workflow; the latter may be the better approach.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2017

Yes, the workflows and screens are configured on a project/issue-type basis.  So a workflow scheme says "in this project, use this workflow for issue type A, that for B and something else for all others".  A screen scheme does the same.

To get different screens on create or edit, you have to be using different issue types.

Like Marcelo Alvarado likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2017

Nothing to add to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 's answer. You need different issue types if you want different screens.

Aaron Williams September 1, 2017

Hello, no problem, I appreciate you all looking into it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events