Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating a project from JIRA to Service Desk

Simon Bauer March 15, 2015

Hey,

I want to migrate an existing JIRA project to our Service Desk, so that it keeps it's workflow etc. Now I don't see a "migrate to SD" feature on the project administration page. Atlassian Confluence tells me to "Create a service desk for an existing JIRA project" but when I want to create a Service Desk with the project name, it keeps telling me that there's already a project with that name. I have no option to migrate whatsoever.

So how's it done?

Greetings, Simon.

3 answers

1 vote
rmorstein November 14, 2016

Beginning a similar migration. From JIRA 6.3.7 to JIRA Service Desk 3.2 standalone. Can you direct me to any documentation on the migration of issues.

0 votes
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2018

Hi Simon,

what Version of Jira / Jira Service Desk are you currently using?

As of Jira 7.3 for instance, you simply go to "Details" in the project configuration and simply switch the type from "Software" to "Service Desk". That's basically it.

0 votes
Simon Bauer March 16, 2015

Never mind, I found it. Turns out you have to be JIRA Admin AND Service Desk Agent. Then you can go to the project administration page and activate Service Desk in the Service Desk tab on the left.

Richard Cross May 17, 2016

That tab has been removed in JIRA 7.1, and I can see why.  It's quite a destructive operation - there is no way to undo such a migration.

In JIRA 7.1 you need to export all your issues and re-import them into a new Service Desk project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events