migrating a project from JIRA to Service Desk

Hey,

I want to migrate an existing JIRA project to our Service Desk, so that it keeps it's workflow etc. Now I don't see a "migrate to SD" feature on the project administration page. Atlassian Confluence tells me to "Create a service desk for an existing JIRA project" but when I want to create a Service Desk with the project name, it keeps telling me that there's already a project with that name. I have no option to migrate whatsoever.

So how's it done?

Greetings, Simon.

3 answers

Beginning a similar migration. From JIRA 6.3.7 to JIRA Service Desk 3.2 standalone. Can you direct me to any documentation on the migration of issues.

Never mind, I found it. Turns out you have to be JIRA Admin AND Service Desk Agent. Then you can go to the project administration page and activate Service Desk in the Service Desk tab on the left.

That tab has been removed in JIRA 7.1, and I can see why.  It's quite a destructive operation - there is no way to undo such a migration.

In JIRA 7.1 you need to export all your issues and re-import them into a new Service Desk project.

Hi Simon,

what Version of Jira / Jira Service Desk are you currently using?

As of Jira 7.3 for instance, you simply go to "Details" in the project configuration and simply switch the type from "Software" to "Service Desk". That's basically it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

297 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you