linking different workflows together

Wim Oor August 4, 2016

Dear Atlassian and Users,

I have the following question.

Is it possible to link different workflow schemes to each other.

So for instance when you look at ITIL, you want to make from a problem ticket maybe a change ticket. 

I will explain my question with the following picture.

projemjira.jpg

So for example when a change is required I want to start my change workflow. And when the change is finished I want to feedback this to my ticket. Is this possible? 

Otherwise what is a good alternative to do something similar?

Greet,

Wim

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2016

No, you don't link workflows. You have two real options. 1; Build a workflow to handle everything and put conditions and validators to control which path to take or 2; Clone it and move the clone it to another project and close the original. I prefer option 1 because the issue ID doesn't change.

Wim Oor August 4, 2016

Hello Joe Pitt,

Thanks for your reaction I have a follow up question. 

If I choose to do 'your' option 1, how can I use different issue types?

The advantage of a issue type is that I can set the start-screen how to start, which field are mandatory.

For example: Changemanagement starts with other required fields then a problem. For problem management you start with a problem description. 

When there is a change needed to solve the problem, then you go from problem management to change management.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2016

You can't use different issue types. If you want to 'convert' a problem into a change for instance I'd close the problem with a resolution of Change created and link the two together.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events