limiting access to attachments view

Parham December 18, 2017

is it possible to limit the attachments view of specific request types to specific user group?

3 answers

0 votes
Evgeniy Russkikh December 18, 2017

You can do it very simple with Power Scripts for Jira plugin (SIL scripts).

For example thats how i hide this field from Issue View Screen

image.png

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

If I could chime in.  You can individually hide attachments from end customers, by adding them in on the Jira side per issue.  The default when adding attachments to a Service Desk issue in JIra is "internal" view only.  They can be shared with the customer by adding a comment and referencing those attachments.

Parham December 18, 2017

thank you Susan. actually we're not worried about the customer side.we just don't want every agent in the project see certain request types details including attachments of that request.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

No.  If a user can see the request, they have access to the attachments.

Parham December 18, 2017

let me explain further.

suppose we have a request type that everyone sees but we want only specific agents see the details and handle it. is it possible to restrict this way?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2017

If a user can see the request, they have access to the attachments.

You can control activity (edit, transition, etc) with permissions and workflow conditions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events