Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira service desk - remove [JIRA} from email subject

Peter Smolders November 30, 2018

Hello,

Whenever I receive an email notifiation of my Jira Service Desk, there is always mentioned "[JIRA]" in front of the subject.

I want to know if it is possible to remove [JIRA] from the subject in the email or to change [JIRA] to something else (depending of the Jira Service Desk Project)?

Regards,

Peter

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

Hi @Peter Smolders,

@Alex Fox pointed you to the right location, I'm enriching it with some screenshots.

You should navigate to Jira administration > System > Outgoing Mail. Then you should see a screen like this which shows you the prefix for emails:

outgoing-mail.png

If you click on the edit link, you should end up on a screen like this where you can edit the email prefix.update-outgoing-mail.png

I hope this works fine for you.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Alex Fox November 30, 2018

+1 for not being lazy like me and including a screenshot :)

0 votes

Hello,

I do not find the outgoing mail servers.

Do I need to go to administration -> Jira Configuration -> Mail -> Global Mail settings or Outgoing Mail ?

In these section I do not see where I could change the prefix [JIRA} subject of the email.

When I go to Jira - Emails - administration - SMTP servers --> I also do not see where i could change the [JIRA] prefix in the subject.

Regards,

Peter

Image 4.png

example of what we see right now.

Are you looking in Service Desk admin or normal Jira admin? I believe this setting comes from the Jira configuration.

Image 5.png

I am not sure : via the screenshot above or I select

-system then mail -> Global Mail settings or Outgoing 

or I select via screenshot above

- Apps - Configuration Emails -> administration -> SMTP servers 

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

Ah, the UI looks like you are using Jira Cloud. My instructions were for Jira server. In the Cloud, I also haven't found this setting so far.

Yes indeed, we are using Jira cloud.

So, in this case no solutions yet?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2018

Yes that is cloud and AFAIK you can’t change. 

OK - Thanks for the feedback

0 votes

Log in to the administration panel and system, then select outgoing mail servers and you can edit the email prefix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events