jira service desk - remove [JIRA} from email subject

Hello,

Whenever I receive an email notifiation of my Jira Service Desk, there is always mentioned "[JIRA]" in front of the subject.

I want to know if it is possible to remove [JIRA] from the subject in the email or to change [JIRA] to something else (depending of the Jira Service Desk Project)?

Regards,

Peter

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Peter Smolders,

@Alex Fox pointed you to the right location, I'm enriching it with some screenshots.

You should navigate to Jira administration > System > Outgoing Mail. Then you should see a screen like this which shows you the prefix for emails:

outgoing-mail.png

If you click on the edit link, you should end up on a screen like this where you can edit the email prefix.update-outgoing-mail.png

I hope this works fine for you.

Cheers,
Matthias.

+1 for not being lazy like me and including a screenshot :)

Log in to the administration panel and system, then select outgoing mail servers and you can edit the email prefix.

Hello,

I do not find the outgoing mail servers.

Do I need to go to administration -> Jira Configuration -> Mail -> Global Mail settings or Outgoing Mail ?

In these section I do not see where I could change the prefix [JIRA} subject of the email.

When I go to Jira - Emails - administration - SMTP servers --> I also do not see where i could change the [JIRA] prefix in the subject.

Regards,

Peter

example of what we see right now.

Are you looking in Service Desk admin or normal Jira admin? I believe this setting comes from the Jira configuration.

Image 5.png

I am not sure : via the screenshot above or I select

-system then mail -> Global Mail settings or Outgoing 

or I select via screenshot above

- Apps - Configuration Emails -> administration -> SMTP servers 

Ah, the UI looks like you are using Jira Cloud. My instructions were for Jira server. In the Cloud, I also haven't found this setting so far.

Yes indeed, we are using Jira cloud.

So, in this case no solutions yet?

Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 30, 2018

Yes that is cloud and AFAIK you can’t change. 

OK - Thanks for the feedback

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

237 views 1 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you