jira service desk - defaults to request type no match

Web Viva! January 23, 2018

When raising a ticket on a portal the system always has the correct request type, but when raising it from the admin interface it always comes in with "Service Desk request: no match". 

How can I set a default?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi,

This behavior is actually expected.   The 'request type' field is not something that is expected to be set when creating a ticket this way.  Whereas when you create an issue via the customer portal, the user has to select the request type first.

But there still is a way you can get Jira to automatically set a request type when creating a JSD issue in the Jira Core / JSD Agent interface.   Please see the KB Automatically set Customer Request Type When Issue is Created via JIRA for more details.

Regards,

Andy

Web Viva! January 24, 2018

Hi Andy, 

Amazing. That worked. Excellent. Thank you so much.

Regards Ana

Florian Meyer May 9, 2018

Hi Andy,

I have exactly the same request, but the workaround does not work, because the "Request Type" at the JQL query does not "exist".

I use Jira 7.8.1 with Service-Desk 3.11.1.

Regards,
Florian

Like Ioannis Chatzisavvas likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2018

Hi @Florian Meyer

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I found this is also true in my Jira 7.9.1 with Service Desk 3.12.1.

It appears that this field name has been changed in more recent versions.  As such I believe you can still achieve the same results, but you would need to use the field name "Customer request type" instead of just "Request type".

Which would make your JQL something like this:

"Customer Request Type" is empty and issuetype="Help Desk"

I will work to update the KB to better help catch this change for users of newer versions.

Florian Meyer May 11, 2018

Hi @Andy Heinzer,

thanks for your update, but I still don't have the field "Customer Request Type"...

I solved it in that way:

request-channel-type = jira and issuetype="Help Desk"

=> It's suitable for us, because at these Service-Desk we will create manually tickets on customer behalf only.

Thanks for support in these case. :)

david_elger June 18, 2020

@Andy Heinzer I have no problem using jql to find the list of issues to bulk change, but when I choose Edit issues, there is no sign of Request Type or Customer Request Type, or any other field name that looks effective.  

Maybe related, when I open some of these issues without Request Types (because I bulk created in Jira without the community recommended automation) I try to edit the Request type field but Jira says there are no matches.  Even though portal created tickets in the same project have my request type 'Bug' showing.  

2020-06-18_17h02_04.png2020-06-18_17h07_46 bulk.png

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2020

Hi @david_elger 

Try scrolling to the bottom of that Step 3 of 4 for the bulk change page and then expand the "Unavailable actions".  I'm curious to see if you see something like this there:

Change Request Type

NOTE: No request types are available for this issue type. Please configure your request types first.

If so, then it indicates that this particular issue you are trying to make changes to exists as an issuetype in the project that does not have any request types defined for it yet.  Try walking through Setting up request types first to make sure that the issuetype in question (story, task, etc) has a request type setup for it first.   I think the only way you get that 'no matches found' is if this issue exists as an issuetype in a project without a request type setup for it yet.

Andy

Like david_elger likes this
david_elger June 19, 2020

@Andy Heinzer Brilliant.  I'd never paid attention to the unavailable actions to see that there are explanations there.  My message wasn't quite what you said.  I got "Note: This operation can only be performed on issues of one issue type.  Please choose issues of the same issue type."

So I bulk changed the issue types to all be the same, then Change Request Type became available because I had configured the mapping before and it worked.  

I'd mark this thread double-solved if I could.  Thanks for the quick response.  

Dave

0 votes
Steve H September 29, 2019

Note that when you use an automation to set the Customer Request Type when the ticket is created, it won't email the customer a notification that the ticket has been raised. 

Presumably this is because the automation fires after the notification email trigger, so the request type is empty when the ticket is created. 

Does anyone know how to get email notifications to be sent using the Customer Notifications > Request Created template? You could add a notification in to the automation i suppose but would have to re-create the email text, plus that would be very confusing if you decided to turn off Customer Notifications > Request Created alerts

Travis Chafey October 3, 2019

Also running into this issue.

Steve H October 3, 2019

Hi Travis

We have told our agents to use the Raise a Request option on the left hand menu (underneath queues and reports). This takes them to the customer portal view where they can raise a request on behalf of the customer, and it will send an email to them. 

It's not ideal as they then have to go back to Jira to fill in the rest of the request details, but that's the best we have got at the moment.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events