jira service desk - defaults to request type no match

When raising a ticket on a portal the system always has the correct request type, but when raising it from the admin interface it always comes in with "Service Desk request: no match". 

How can I set a default?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Accepted answer

Hi,

This behavior is actually expected.   The 'request type' field is not something that is expected to be set when creating a ticket this way.  Whereas when you create an issue via the customer portal, the user has to select the request type first.

But there still is a way you can get Jira to automatically set a request type when creating a JSD issue in the Jira Core / JSD Agent interface.   Please see the KB Automatically set Customer Request Type When Issue is Created via JIRA for more details.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy, 

Amazing. That worked. Excellent. Thank you so much.

Regards Ana

Hi Andy,

I have exactly the same request, but the workaround does not work, because the "Request Type" at the JQL query does not "exist".

I use Jira 7.8.1 with Service-Desk 3.11.1.

Regards,
Florian

Hi @Florian Meyer

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I found this is also true in my Jira 7.9.1 with Service Desk 3.12.1.

It appears that this field name has been changed in more recent versions.  As such I believe you can still achieve the same results, but you would need to use the field name "Customer request type" instead of just "Request type".

Which would make your JQL something like this:

"Customer Request Type" is empty and issuetype="Help Desk"

I will work to update the KB to better help catch this change for users of newer versions.

Hi @Andrew Heinzer,

thanks for your update, but I still don't have the field "Customer Request Type"...

I solved it in that way:

request-channel-type = jira and issuetype="Help Desk"

=> It's suitable for us, because at these Service-Desk we will create manually tickets on customer behalf only.

Thanks for support in these case. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

35,590 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you