Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to import zendesk tickets to Jira service desk

Carlos Gomez September 5, 2017

Hi,

I want to move my Zendesk tickets to Jira Service desk. Is there a way or a add-on to import zendesk tickets to Jira service desk?

Please help.

Thanks!!

3 answers

1 vote

Here is the service that allows migrating data from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk - Help Desk Migration.

1 vote
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Not sure about add-on but if you could export tickets from Zendesk in CSV or excel format, then can import into JIRA using external system import option in JIRA. But all fields from Zendesk should already exist in JIRA before import.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

yep ... CSV is the way to go. Be forewarned it is not a painless task in all cases. I have done a number of CSV imports w/ varying degrees of success. it isn't hard but it is tedious.

Here are some lessons learned and things you will need to play with:

• usernames - figure out what you want to do with these. Sometimes it is easier to create all of the users into JIRA manually before importing. I had some odd behaviours a few times where assignee would not be recognized and JIRA import would set to noreplay@xxxx.com
  • dates - make sure you look carefully at the format in the spreadsheet and be sure to use set the format during the import process, you will see it
  • IMPORTANT - start small import one or two, inspect the results, tweak your CSV and test again. Then ONLY when you have a successful (acceptable) import should you do the rest.
  • Create a template of your successful import. you will see this option at the end of each import. You can use this to blast thru the rest.
  • Even after it is successful I alway do in chunks, e.g. by assignee. This allows me to review and if needed, and it almost always has been for me, you can do a bulk update to clean up any annomolies that may have occurred and been undesireable.

You know I would over my mercerny service for these imports if I didn't hate them so much. LOL!

Seriously, not that bad but tedious. if you have a few thousand plan a day.

Great Succes!

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Must appreciate this explaination by Jack.  External System Import usually you learn by failing several times but I am pretty sure that this will save lot of time for you Carlos :)

0 votes
wtsparadigm1 November 15, 2018

Hi, everyone.  I was researching this and came across this helpful post by Luke.  Thanks, Luke!  a big HOWEVER:

I don't think you can export comments from Zendesk to a csv.  I tried, looked, researched, I don't see a way to do it.  And if you don't have comments, well...

Alexander Novotny July 11, 2019

You have to use the API to grab them. Super painful. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events