Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

images added to issues sometimes don't render on customer portal and user is not notified

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

So this is a weird one, and i am not sure how they are doing this.

Problem: When attaching images to an issue *in some way* the images are added to the issue, show up in the attachments field, but do not show on the customer portal or as a comment. This does not trigger an update that goes to the end user.

basically, the images in question do not show in line in the post. it renders like this in the ALL log

image 1 problematic attachments.png

But the images are actually attached from the back end:

the images.png

However on the customer portal front end, the images do not appear:

front end view.png

(i am using a plugin to get attachments to appear on the front end i think but its irrelevant that its a plugin becuase they also do not add a comment on the backend, like other images do.). You can also see the latest image i have posted and how it does render, and does render in the attachments area. It also sent a notification. 

added as a comment.png

You can see above that this image is INLINE in the message (this is a view from the ALL log), and does generate a notification and comment that is visible from the customer portal. Below is how the comments look, and the attachments are simply not added with a comment.

backend comments.png

Again, the users have said it doesnt matter if they drag the files in, or click the add attachment button, the same behaviour is observed. The images are there, but they are not there for the customer and not creating a comment at all to even let them know the images have been uploaded. Not that they could do much as you cant see the images from the customer portal anyway!

pretty sure its a jira bug, and has something to do with how they are attaching the images. Why doesnt it leave a comment? they are saying sometimes they do leave a text comment as well that does not get saved.

I will work on exact steps to reproduce. They are on OSX and probably using chrome.

2 answers

1 vote
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

We have got a similar problem (JIRA Software 7.13.1, JIRA Service Desk 3.16.1).

• An agent attached an image to an issue and added it within a comment to make it visible to the customer.
    What we get is a message "This image failed to load."
  • I tried adding a link to the image to a comment. Result: "Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page."

What can I do to make this image accessible? I'm not aware that there are different ways of attaching images, or so. Why is this image protected?

Clueless greetings,
Kirstin

Jorge Jerez December 13, 2019

Hi

Did you solved that? We've now the same problem

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2019

We only had this once (one service desk ticket) and never again until now. So I didn't dig any deeper into this.

Jorge Jerez December 13, 2019

Did this ticket had a big amount of attached files or something similar like a lot of comments? 

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2019

AFAIR some more comments and files but not tooo much. I can't find the actual ticket anymore. :(

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2019

I have the problem sporadically. I dont think people are reporting it, as its a known issue, but i will ask if they have any recent examples. Never personally happens to me. But i also don't do so many attachments as other departments like graphics department would do.

Gonzalo Moreu De La Vega January 28, 2020

Hi all!

We have the same problem.

Did you find any cause and a solution?

Regards!

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2020

nope.

if its a 403 though it might just be something weird with the filename or something would be my guess. not sure if you have the same problem as me, or the same problem as kirstin, which i think may be different issues.

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2019

Hi,

I had some issues with attach too, found out this post in community. 
Check if applies for you because there is an issue to solve the bug, but not so many votes.

Users cant download the attachments via email for instance

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Jira-service-desk-attach-file-from-email-channel/qaq-p/656267

I didnt test the add-on in question so far.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2019

i think thats a different issue, but thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events