how to vote an issue in Service Desk?

4 answers

Hi Mel,

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to vote on Service Desk issues. There's a feature request for that as you can see on JSD-1743.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Thanks for your answer Paula. after posting my question, i tried on another issue and it's weird i managed to vote for it. In fact, it seems that for some issues you can vote and for another ones you can't. Hope it will be set up. Have a nice WE Melissa

Hi Mel,

You can do this making some workaround using Extension for JIRA Service Desk. This plugin has many features that can make your JIRA user-friendly. So, there is option to add transition to customer portal to the same status as currently and you can called it "vote". To this transition you can add some postfunction that can increment vote number for example using script in script runner.

You can always write to plugins@intenso.com.pl and ask for help how to do it or ask for implement voting in customer portal.

I hope I've helped you.

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your answer. it's very interesting to know that. And awhat about voting for an issue directly in the Service Desk project? I mean as a service desk agent ? is it possible to do that ? I have a free trial version right now and I created some fake issues for which I can vote vut for some other ones I just can't. Thanks Melissa

Until JSD-1743 is resolved, one work-around is to configure the "Introduction text" in Portal Settings and add a hyperlink to a kanban board where users can see the full list of issues and vote on them there. I did this in setting up our idea portal, and I think I like it even better than Service Desk's functionality to let users search for issues created by other people; it actually makes it easier to filter to just the issue type you want them to see. In setting up the kanban board, I just put all statuses in a single column (which prevents drag-n-drop status changing), and I ordered the list by the number of votes.

Hi Geoffrey

I tried your solution with Kanban board but when logged in as the user if I click on the link it just resets the address to service desk.  How do you get the Kanban board to come up from the service desk? 

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 06, 2017

Customers do not have access to the JSD application so the suggestion only works for Agents or Collaborators.

Voting is available if you have application access. Voting is not available to Customers.

Diane,

Here's is my (wiki syntax) text that I entered into the Introduction Text field (note that you will need to replace my sample URL with yours, but don't accidentally delete the pipe | character or the ending closing bracket ] character):

Welcome! You can create an Idea using the "Idea" link provided below.

h2. To view others' ideas and *vote on them*, [click here|https://<your-site-address>/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=85].

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

524 views 1 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot