how to vote an issue in Service Desk?

mel vega July 31, 2015

5 answers

2 votes
Geoffrey Rodgers March 10, 2017

Until JSD-1743 is resolved, one work-around is to configure the "Introduction text" in Portal Settings and add a hyperlink to a kanban board where users can see the full list of issues and vote on them there. I did this in setting up our idea portal, and I think I like it even better than Service Desk's functionality to let users search for issues created by other people; it actually makes it easier to filter to just the issue type you want them to see. In setting up the kanban board, I just put all statuses in a single column (which prevents drag-n-drop status changing), and I ordered the list by the number of votes.

Jiri Kanicky January 10, 2019

Hi,

Is this possible with users which do not have JIRA Application license? I would assume that users without JIRA Application License cannot view Kanban board.

Thx.

Bishoy Ayoub September 6, 2019

This is still useful, half the way for voting up issues for the internal folks

1 vote
Kristian Thomsen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Hi we have a Jira service desk add-on, that turns the Service desk into an ideation portal:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221630/feedback-and-voting-for-jsd?hosting=server&tab=overview

Kind regards

Kristian

1 vote
Diane Sutton December 6, 2017

Hi Geoffrey

I tried your solution with Kanban board but when logged in as the user if I click on the link it just resets the address to service desk.  How do you get the Kanban board to come up from the service desk? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

Customers do not have access to the JSD application so the suggestion only works for Agents or Collaborators.

Voting is available if you have application access. Voting is not available to Customers.

Geoffrey Rodgers December 7, 2017

Diane,

Here's is my (wiki syntax) text that I entered into the Introduction Text field (note that you will need to replace my sample URL with yours, but don't accidentally delete the pipe | character or the ending closing bracket ] character):

Welcome! You can create an Idea using the "Idea" link provided below.

h2. To view others' ideas and *vote on them*, [click here|https://<your-site-address>/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=85].

Jiri Kanicky January 10, 2019

Hi Geoffrey,

I just test it and it does not work for users without JIRA Application licens and the whole point of JIRA Service Desk is to have users/customers without JIRA Application license.

So I think the workaround does not really work.

Jiri

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2015

Hi Mel,

You can do this making some workaround using Extension for JIRA Service Desk. This plugin has many features that can make your JIRA user-friendly. So, there is option to add transition to customer portal to the same status as currently and you can called it "vote". To this transition you can add some postfunction that can increment vote number for example using script in script runner.

You can always write to plugins@intenso.com.pl and ask for help how to do it or ask for implement voting in customer portal.

I hope I've helped you.

mel vega August 5, 2015

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your answer. it's very interesting to know that. And awhat about voting for an issue directly in the Service Desk project? I mean as a service desk agent ? is it possible to do that ? I have a free trial version right now and I created some fake issues for which I can vote vut for some other ones I just can't. Thanks Melissa

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2015

Hi Mel,

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to vote on Service Desk issues. There's a feature request for that as you can see on JSD-1743.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

mel vega July 31, 2015

Thanks for your answer Paula. after posting my question, i tried on another issue and it's weird i managed to vote for it. In fact, it seems that for some issues you can vote and for another ones you can't. Hope it will be set up. Have a nice WE Melissa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events