Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the "Blocked" status in the "It Service Desk Workflow"

Thierry Molina June 15, 2014

Hello,

I installed the "It Service Desk Workflow" and I saw the button "Block" which set the Issue on "Blocked" status.

I first search there:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.workflow.bundles.itil

https://answers.atlassian.com/tags/addon-com.atlassian.workflow.bundles.itil

But I didn't find any information about that.

My question: what the "Blocked" status does? What is the interest? How to use it?

Thank you very much ^^

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Thierry, often times people will use a "Blocked" status for something that has another obstacle before it can be fully completed.

For example: Your team is attempting to build a plugin for JIRA. However, you've realized that your test or development servers are in use by somebody else in the company. You could then put the "Blocked" status on this to imply that currently your hands are tied, or there is another issue that needs to be resolved before you can resume work on the request.

Somebody had requested this become default, and I believe he mentions the use of it (albeit briefly) in his request: JRA-33318

As always, this is something I believe is purely up to the user's/admins needs in workflow. You can use it any way you'd like, but most times this is how I've seen it used.

Thierry Molina June 16, 2014

Andrew, thank you very much for your detailed and fast answer.

So, if i understand , this status stops the count of days for this task, and we choose the reason why this task could be blocked by any event.

Thank you again ;)

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Indeed! Especially in Service Desk, where you can define the SLA.

0 votes
Thierry Molina June 16, 2014

Andrew, thank you very much for your detailed and fast answer.

So, if i understand , this status stops the count of days for this task, and we choose the reason why this task could be blocked by any event.

Thank you again ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events