Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove jira service desk portal

Jijo John [DevOps Consultant] January 26, 2015

How to remove jira service desk portal - from all portals page.

I did deleted the project, But it lists on the portal page?

5 answers

3 votes
Eduardo Domínguez Vázquez December 31, 2018

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I have not find any other place with information like this.

I've been investigating this issue because I have some test JSD projects I don't want to be shown in the portal and the only way I've found to achieve this is keeping only me in the project roles and eliminating the permissions to "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".

I presume all this is not necessary, maybe if you fine tune this two configurations screens - permissions and roles in the project- your needs are met.

Laura Paczesny February 20, 2019

Hello Eduardo,

I did this, as well, and it worked great!

Thanks for the suggestion.  Removed the "Portal Access" for the Projects that are not currently in use.

Regards,

Like # people like this
Lloyd Braun June 7, 2019

Hey Eduardo,

I just removed "Service desk customer - portal access" from having Create Issues right and that that disabled the portal of this specific project from appearing from the portal's page for customers.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Like # people like this
Jousef June 19, 2019

Hey there,

I can confirm Zoran's approach! As an admin though, you might still be able to see it. I let one of my non-admin colleagues go to the portal and the projects that I wanted to have removed were not visible.

Thank you for the help guys! Very helpful indeed!

Like # people like this
3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

You can disable a service desk portal from the associated JIRA project's administration > Service Desk page.

Thanks Jobin for your answer, Unfortunately i don't find that option for that particular project 'Welcome to Service Desk'. I think that's the default came after installing Service Desk.

Thanks Jobin.. Found that option after adding myself to the admin role ..

Deleted user February 13, 2015

Jijo, can you please post how you removed the "Welcome to Service Desk" link from the https://YOUJIRAINSTANCE/servicedesk/customer/portals page? I can't find a project called "Welcome to Service Desk".

Like mcaron likes this
Andrew Exley March 4, 2015

Sorry Jobin, but where? Under the Service Desk page on the JIRA project administration, there are only options for Queues, Reports, SLAs and Disable This Service Desk. If you mean the "disable This Service Desk" option then this removes the Service Desk add-on and then all the licensing benefits under Service Desk for support users rather than just removing the portal.

William Roush March 31, 2015

Having the same issue as @Andrew Exley

Finsbury IT May 17, 2015

Also looking to remove the portal page for a service desk. I have two Service Desk and wish to only display on in the customer portal.

Vaibhav Aparimit March 8, 2018

Same problem as @Finsbury IT. I hd created a service desk project and then deleted it. I still can access the customer portal associated with the old service desk project and I want to delete it.

1 vote
Dustin Suchter May 26, 2015

One does not delete a "service desk" from their Cloud instance; one deletes the project that has a Service Desk associated with it. I'd say it's not obvious that adding JIRA Service Desk to a Cloud instance implicitly creates a project called "My First Service Desk". Navigate to https://YOURINSTANCE/secure/project/ViewProjects.jspa and you'll see "My First Service Desk." Click on that project then delete it from the project config page.

0 votes
Chrisjir Parkin March 13, 2020

My experience.  We run Jira Server and JSD.

I have an admin account.  I created a non-admin test account for myself so that I could use a private web browser instance to see what a non-admin would see.  For what follows, I am logged into both accounts at the same time in different browser sessions.

In the administrator session, I go to Issues -> Permission Schemes and select my project's scheme.  Under Browse Projects, I remove "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".

Returning to the "user" session, if I refresh the portal screen, the project has been removed from the choices in Help Center. 

In the admin session, Help Center still shows the project.

Jousef March 16, 2020

Hey there,

We at first were doing the same and that works but all Service Desk agents will get an error message saying that there are some permission errors.

It confused some people so we decided to leave the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" in the permissions. There must be a smoother solution to this. :D

All the best,
Jousef

Cailin Che April 17, 2020

Hi!  I did this as well (we're on Server).  I got one desk hidden and 3 other that are still visible.  All four desks are on the same permission scheme, "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" does not have any permissions to any of those desks.

Ideas?

Eduardo Domínguez Vázquez April 18, 2020

Hi Cailin, does the user you are testing have the same role assignement in all the projects? Did you test it on the Permission Helper?

James Garvey May 14, 2020

This works great. I had 6 different SD project and was able to remove access project by project (easiest way is to associate one permission scheme to the projects you want to disable, and have another permission scheme for the project(s) you want to have portal access.

Be sure to open a private browser window (or another browser where you aren't logged into JSD). If you don't do this, you will still see all projects on the primary portal page, since you didn't remove the portal access from your group/role. 

You will also need to set under:

SD Project Settings > Customer Permissions > "Who can access the portal and send requests to <SDprojectname> project"

to

"Customers my team adds to the project."

I found that when this was set to on, the SD project(s) were still visible on the overall portal page (https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals)

Like Chrisjir Parkin likes this
0 votes

It means that i have three service desk portals and i want to remove one from customer end

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events