how to remove jira service desk portal

How to remove jira service desk portal - from all portals page.

I did deleted the project, But it lists on the portal page?

3 answers

3 votes

You can disable a service desk portal from the associated JIRA project's administration > Service Desk page.

Thanks Jobin for your answer, Unfortunately i don't find that option for that particular project 'Welcome to Service Desk'. I think that's the default came after installing Service Desk.

Thanks Jobin.. Found that option after adding myself to the admin role ..

Jijo, can you please post how you removed the "Welcome to Service Desk" link from the https://YOUJIRAINSTANCE/servicedesk/customer/portals page? I can't find a project called "Welcome to Service Desk".

Sorry Jobin, but where? Under the Service Desk page on the JIRA project administration, there are only options for Queues, Reports, SLAs and Disable This Service Desk. If you mean the "disable This Service Desk" option then this removes the Service Desk add-on and then all the licensing benefits under Service Desk for support users rather than just removing the portal.

Having the same issue as @Andrew Exley

Also looking to remove the portal page for a service desk. I have two Service Desk and wish to only display on in the customer portal.

Same problem as @Finsbury IT. I hd created a service desk project and then deleted it. I still can access the customer portal associated with the old service desk project and I want to delete it.

One does not delete a "service desk" from their Cloud instance; one deletes the project that has a Service Desk associated with it. I'd say it's not obvious that adding JIRA Service Desk to a Cloud instance implicitly creates a project called "My First Service Desk". Navigate to https://YOURINSTANCE/secure/project/ViewProjects.jspa and you'll see "My First Service Desk." Click on that project then delete it from the project config page.

It means that i have three service desk portals and i want to remove one from customer end

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

1,225 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you