how to modify requests submitted via service desk portal after they've been rejected

Deleted user November 8, 2017

I have a service desk workflow where:

1) User with customer level permission submits request for processing/approval via a portal

2) Someone with Sevice desk license transitions the requests through various steps until they either accept or reject it. if rejected they'll comment on why it was rejected

4) Portal user can see that request was rejected and the comment

My questions is how can  I have the customer edit the request and then resubmit it? Or is this not possible, and everyone would need a service desk license to have ability to update the SD issue that was rejected and then resubmit it via workflow transition buttons on the issue rather than through portal?

I'm not seeing how I can allow for issue to be modified and resubmitted unless everyone has SD licenses.

Thanks,

jay

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

You can expose a transition on the portal. So for example let’s say the rejected status is Rejected. If you create a transition back to say Open which is then followed by the Approval status and you expose the ‘reopen’ transition on the portal then the customer can reopen and add a comment for reconsideration.

hope this makes sense. 

Funny, I was just logging in to update my problem description clarify why it could be a little harder in my case. As part of the original request submission, the user enters a number of values in custom fields and adds attachments, in addition to the description. My hope is that after a request is rejected and the customer chooses to resubmit it that they can go back in and update these custom fields vs adding comments with instructions on what needs to be changed and having someone with permissions actually update the fields. Any hope of that?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

No, currently there's no support for updating fields through the portal. The only opportunity that a customer has to edit fields is at Creation.

Deleted user November 9, 2017

Thanks Steven, that's what I was afraid of.

Deleted user November 10, 2017

After discussing with users, the exposing of transitions and using comments to explain the changes was acceptable. It helped to be able to attach files along with comments

CAG-ISC August 15, 2018

Hi,

Trying to create similar workflow

Where do I add the Reopen transition ? between Open and Approval?

Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

@CAG-ISC, reopen would be a transition from you Done or closed status to the initial status of you workflow. I can’t tell you precisely without seeing your workflow. Even then it depends on what you ultimately want. For example you may want reopen to go to In Progress or some other status. 

0 votes

Hi Jack,

Funny, I was just logging in to update my problem description clarify why it could be a little harder in my case. As part of the original request submission, the user enters a number of values in custom fields and adds attachments, in addition to the description. My hope is that after a request is rejected and the customer chooses to resubmit it that they can go back in and update these custom fields vs adding comments with instructions on what needs to be changed and having someone with permissions actually update the fields. Any hope of that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events