how to group customers in service desk

opensaucesystems-mike February 14, 2015

I have Service Desk setup and running on the Cloud service.

I have one customer that has several users that will be creating helpdesk issues but I want all the issues to be in  one group. Is there a way I can allocate all the customer users to a group so they can see all the issues that belong to that one customer, whichever one of them has posted the issue?

Many thanks

Mike

1 answer

1 vote
Richard Saffell February 14, 2015

Maybe create a Groovy script that if the Issue's creator is one of the people in the group you mentioned, that you add all of the other people as a Participant?  I don't think there's any other way to have Customers to be able to see the Issue.

By the way, I have no idea if it's possible to do this with Groovy, but I would imagine it is.

opensaucesystems-mike February 16, 2015

Thanks Richard, I'll take a look. It surprises me that this sort of thing isn't available out of the box as I would have thought that most customers would have multiple people raising support requests. Hey ho, maybe it isn't an off the shelf helpdesk after all. Thanks for your help. Mike

Todd Sherman March 13, 2015

I have requested this feature in Service Desk Support: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1612 Vote for it..

opensaucesystems-mike March 13, 2015

Agreed and Voted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events