Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does integration with confluence knowledge base work and what licences do I need

Andreas Hagglund May 4, 2017

I want to use service desk for my internal customers, i.e. not publicly accessible, so that they can log in and create requests.

I also want to create a knowledge base for my service desk that my internal cusotmers can access.

I don't really understand the licensing for this.

Assuming I have 100 internal customers that need to create requests and search and view (not create) knowledge base articles, 2 service desk agents and 2 confluence article writers. How many licenses do I need for Service desk, and how many do I need for confluence?

1 answer

1 vote
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017

Hey Andreas, 

You would need to get a license on JIRA Service Desk for 2 agents (the smallest one) and a license in Confluence for 2 users! 

Your customers on JIRA Service Desk will be able to browse the Knowledge base created on Confluence for free. 

For more detailed documention, you can check this article : https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-knowledge-base-with-confluence 

Andreas Hagglund May 5, 2017

thank you so much for your answer, Hermance!

A follow-up question I forgot to ask, with those two service-desk and two confluence licenses, I can still restrict access to both service desk and knowledge articles so that only my 100 users can log in and see it - i.e. it won't be publicly available for anyone?

Andreas Hagglund May 5, 2017

btw the link gives a 404 error message

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

The link has had punctation added to it.  I do that all the time - end a sentence with a link, and then add a full-stop to the end of it for correct grammar, which then breaks the link.

Try removing the %C2%A0 from the end.

I've posted this long explanation because there are quite a lot of links with similar problems here, and you're going to see others.

p.s you will need 10 users for Confluence - that's the lowest tier you can get if you need 2 users.

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Hey sorry, here is the proper link https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-knowledge-base-with-confluence 

As nick said, you need to get the lowest license so 10 users on Confluence and 3 agents on JIRA Service Desk. And yes, the knowledge base will be restricted to the customers in your user management base. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events