how do you copy schemes from one project to another

Rob October 16, 2020

I have created test project and I would like to set it up to mirror another project from the customer facing form in the portal so we can test some automation. Is it possible to setup schemes and screens to reflect an existing project? Please advise..thank you in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

Hi @Rob ,

If you create a new project, there should be a link "create with shared configuration " on the bottom if the screen where you select the type of the project.

In the next screen, you can select your test project.

Rob October 16, 2020

Hello Bastian....this is old test project that was setup for another project (with different configurations) . Are you saying it better/easier to:

• delete the old test project
  •  create a new test project with all the share characteristics of the project I want to emulate.
  • Only keep test projects that emulate project with same configuration instead of trying to change the configuration of an same old test project 

Is this correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

No, I think Bastien has concentrated on the "new project" scenario.

For an existing project, it is not a case of "copy scheme", it is that schemes are global objects, so you can go into project admin and tell it to use (share) an existing scheme.

Like Bastian Stehmann likes this
Rob October 19, 2020

Just an FYI...I have associated "Issue type screen" Scheme with the perfer project but I still see the orginal issue types and layout in the customer form.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2020

The available issue types are configured in thr issue type scheme, so if you want other other issue types, you will have to change the scheme also.

The issue type screen scheme configures, which screens are connected with which issue types.

So if it has a different screen for an issue type, that should already appear.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events