how do i add Custom description Filed in Jira Service Desk?

Nidhi Shah October 11, 2017

I have default text box (DefaultTextBox1.png#First Picture) while raising a request for the Description Field. But I want the Description Filed textbox to be(WantedTextBoxAs2.png#Second Picture). This is because when the user copy pastes the information, the formatting shouldn't be lost. I want the formatting to be same. How do I do that?DefaultTextBox1.PNGWantedTextBoxAs.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

Hi Nidhi,

At the moment there is not a way to provide the customer portal to have this rich text editor option.   There is an open feature request to add this to the customer portal in JSDCLOUD-1506

I would recommend watching and voting on this issue for the time being.  I was not able to find any other 3rd party solutions to this request on the Atlassian Marketplace site.   As a side note, your customers might be able to maintain the formatting if they include this in an email that is sent to the mailbox Jira Service Desk is checking.  I realize this isn't the same thing, but it might be one way to better maintain that formatting than the customer portal will currently allow.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events