It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how do I link a template document to a Service Request

For a specific Service Request - I need to link a Template (Word Doc)

How can this be achieved

1 answer

Hi @nigel.bannister 

1. Who is the Service Request aimed at? Customer (external) or Customer/user/agen (internal)?
  2. Is the template on Confluence or ? 

-Mike

Thanks for the response;

Internal employees.

The Document could be placed on Confluence - yes.

N

Hi @nigel.bannister 

1. What are you trying to do? 
  2. Do you want the Service Request to have the template automatically linked or 
  3. Do you want the template to link to the Service Request? 

Mike

Hi Mike,

The 2nd option. When this type of Service Request is selected, I need the employee to complete a template with information.

Once completed, the document will be sent for an approval

So having it automatically linked would be exactly right.

Thanks

N

And one more question, do you need the template link to be visible in the Service Request Description once it created?

Mike 

Hi Mike,

That would be preferable - as the form may change, and then a new Link could be associated.

Yes - Thanks!

N

Assuming the internal user has access to Confluence.

1. Create your template and link a label to it. 
  2. Create a landing page in Confluence with a Create from template button (when pressed it opens a new template with defined label, which you want user to fill in and publish). On the landing page have a Content by label macro with the same label used in the template. 
  3. In the Service Request form under the heading Request form help and instructions - post the link to the Confluence Landing Place and mention - before user creates service request they need to follow the link, click the button, fill in the form, publish and copy and paste the URL into the description field. (alternatively you could have a custom field called URL Field, which is added to the Service Request Form, which the user pastes in the URL of the template they just filled in) and then saves the request.
    Form set up in Service Request.png

4. The result being on the Service Request: 
  5. Landing Page URL then URL Field insert.png
  6. When the agent opens the ticket from the Jira Service Desk they see a Field URL, which links them to the form. Nice and simple. 
    Agent View.png

-Mike

Like # people like this

Much Appreciated sir!

That will work exactly as I wanted.

Thank you for all the assistance.

Nigel

Like Mike_Bowen likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

1,888 views 10 17
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you