error in portfolio

Steven Debaveye August 21, 2017

When choosing Portfolio, I get an error:

Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.png

This was after we added Initiative as ticket type.

Another user is not seeing this error. We have same user rights.

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Debaveye August 31, 2017

Error appeared in Chrome. 

Today tested in Firefox and the error DOES NOT appear.

so I have a workaround with opening in different browser. 

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

Hi @Steven Debaveye,

If your error is still happening, please file a support ticket through Give feedback > Report a bug in the top right of Portfolio for JIRA. That way we can better understand why this error is happening. 

Thanks,
Allard

Steven Debaveye August 22, 2017

I tried that, but got the message:

Atlassian no longer offers personal support for Starter Licenses

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

Correct, online ticket creation is not available for SourceTree or 10-user server starter licenses. We offer support for these license tiers via the Atlassian community (See Atlassian support offerings).

That aside, have you been able to make some progress with your issue?

Cheers,

Thomas

Steven Debaveye August 30, 2017

No progress unfortunately. 

Could download the logfiles,

But getting more info on the specific error / reason of my problem in that logfile seems to be like searching for a needle in a haystack...

Thomas
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2017

One sane way to do it would be to have a look at the time when reproducing the error, preferably when few/no people are active on the instance, and downloading the logs immediately after.

You can then use the time in the logs to try to find out what happened, which will probably be close to the end of the file.

If you find some suspicious logs in there, feel free to share it here so I can have a look, just double check the content of what you are sharing to avoid privacy leak (email, username, ...?).

This are the error lines from the moment I requested the page that gives me the error:

2017-08-31 08:36:14,194 HealthCheck:thread-1 WARN ServiceRunner [c.a.applinks.core.DefaultApplinkStatusService] Unrecognized error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link 'f2d8a7f8-bd67-35c6-b839-e07b57c36fae'

2017-08-31 08:41:04,936 HealthCheck:thread-8 WARN ServiceRunner [c.a.applinks.core.DefaultApplinkStatusService] Unrecognized error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link 'f2d8a7f8-bd67-35c6-b839-e07b57c36fae'

2017-08-31 08:42:03,321 HealthCheck:thread-2 WARN ServiceRunner [c.a.applinks.core.DefaultApplinkStatusService] Unrecognized error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link 'f2d8a7f8-bd67-35c6-b839-e07b57c36fae'

2017-08-31 08:45:37,306 HealthCheck:thread-7 WARN ServiceRunner [c.a.applinks.core.DefaultApplinkStatusService] Unrecognized error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link 'f2d8a7f8-bd67-35c6-b839-e07b57c36fae'

Portfolio for Jira was updated yesterday to version 2.5.0 but still the error occurs.

Thomas
Atlassian Team
September 3, 2017

Might be worth checking both chrome's network tab and developer console to see which request is failing (if any) and if there is any error in the console log.

https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

You'll need to read the application log to see what the underlying errors are.

Steven Debaveye August 22, 2017

Can I download the application log through the admin menu or is this only accessible on the server itself?

Thomas
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2017

it's possible to get from the admin menu in the System -> Support Tools -> create support zip section

getting_jira_logs_from_ui.png

Thanks. That worked. 

But getting more info on the specific error / reason of my problem in that logfile seems to be like searching for a needle in a haystack...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events